Has the baby become capricious or does he look at his parents with universal longing, without ceasing to gnaw on toys? These are symptoms of teething in children, or rather, only a part of them. In order to recognize and facilitate this crucial period in the life of a little one in time, adults must clearly know which signs correspond to it and when to expect them.
Terms and deviations from them
Like any achievement of the first year, parents look forward to the first tooth. Especially if other babies of the same age have already hatched.
Children's teething pattern, developed by dentists, sets certain limits within which most he althy babies fit in.
So, the first pair appears on average in a period corresponding to 6-9 months of the peanut. The second pair - at 7-10 months. The upper and lower incisors reveal themselves closer to the year, then comes the turn of the first upper and lower molars, whichcompletely out by 19 months. The most difficult period is teething. It can last from 16 to 22 months. For the second indigenous, the manifestation is considered the norm for up to three years.
Departure from the outlined framework in he althy children is not considered a special pathology, but it is recognized as a reason to think that something may go wrong in the child's body. Only a pediatric dentist can determine this, at whose reception the parents will not only show the child and talk about him, but also tell about their own terms for the appearance of teeth. The latter is very important, because when such a crucial period begins in the life of a baby, genetic predisposition also affects.
Do not postpone this visit for a period exceeding 18 months of the life of a toddler. It is likely that the characteristic signs of teething in children are already present, but parents cannot recognize them. They will be discussed further.
The main symptoms of teething in children
In different sources, they are presented in different numbers, here are those of them that most clearly testify to the process that has begun.
- The constant desire of the child to gnaw things and toys, accompanied by profuse salivation. It indicates that the first tooth has already begun its movement to the surface and began to irritate the gums.
- Mouth condition. As already noted, during this period, the child collects a large amount of saliva, and the gums turn red and seem to swell. There may also be a white spot on their surface.
- A sharp change in appetite with a shift to the desire to consume as much liquid as possible.
The indicated symptoms of teething in children do not require special medical measures to alleviate them. But the growing itching and pain can be removed with the gel recommended by the doctor, as well as with special chilled toys. The following signs are not so clear and require consultation with a pediatrician.
- Bad dream. It is caused by the pain experienced by the baby during the movement of the tooth to the surface.
- Destabilization of the stool: diarrhea or constipation.
- Fever and/or runny nose, often accompanied by a cough.
- The appearance of a rash on the child's face.
These teething symptoms in children can only hypothetically be considered as such. The thing is that they are also signs of other diseases, more often of a viral nature, that await a baby in the first year of life. Therefore, if any of them appear, you should consult a doctor so that he excludes the possibility of infection.
Here are the terms and symptoms that parents should know about when they are waiting for milk teeth in their children.