2023 Author: Priscilla Miln | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 02:58
Sometimes teething in babies can cause a lot of trouble not only for the children themselves, but also for their parents. This period is different for everyone. Some babies tolerate the discomfort of teething quite easily, while others may experience fever, diarrhea, and a number of other symptoms. Due to the speech barrier, additional difficulties may arise, since one can only guess what really worries the baby. Parents of babies just need to be patient and know the symptoms and order of teething in babies under one year old.
When do the first teeth appear?
The rudiments of milk teeth are formed long before the birth of the baby, and eruption occurs closer to the age of six months. As a rule, the first examination by the dentist should take place no later than 9-10 months. When examining the oral cavity, first of all, the doctor pays attention to the order of eruptionteeth in children under one year old. For a correct bite, it is very important to follow the order of appearance of milk teeth.
Toddlers should have twenty baby teeth in total. Usually a complete set is formed closer to two or three years. What is the sequence of teething in children under one year old - we will find out right now.
- Central incisors are four front teeth, which are two pieces on the bottom and top. As a rule, the lower ones begin to erupt earlier, at the age of five to six months, followed by the upper ones, with a possible lag of a month.
- The lateral incisors are located on the sides and border on the central ones. Experts attribute the last months of the first year of a baby's life to a favorable period for their appearance: for the lower jaw - 11-12, and for the upper jaw - 8-11.
- Molars complete the teething sequence for children under one year of age. According to experts, their appearance falls on the age of 12-16 months. But as practice shows, in some babies, the eruption of these teeth begins before the year. In this regard, molars are included in the list of teething in children under one year old. The people call them indigenous, and they are behind the fangs, which are still missing.
Chart of teething in children under one year old
A defined tooth emergence schedule created by dentists allows you to evaluate the development of your baby's teeth. We suggest that you familiarize yourself with the table of teething in children up to a year.
|Central lower incisors||5 to 8 months||Usually this type of teeth appears in pairs. Thanks to them, the child will be able to process food of medium hardness.|
|Upper central incisors||5 to 8 months||May erupt simultaneously with lower central incisors.|
|Lateral incisors||7 to 12 months||The same as the central incisors, they erupt in pairs.|
|Lateral upper incisors||7 to 12 months||As a rule, the lower lateral incisors are first cut in pairs, then the upper ones.|
|Molars||12 to 16 months||By about age 1, 4, your baby should have four first molars on both jaws. The second batch falls approximately between 16 and 20 months.|
Out of time teething
There are times when the appearance of milk teeth in crumbs does not correspond to the order of teething in children under one year old. Referring to the individual characteristics of the child, dentists consider a deviation from the schedule of a couple of months to be the norm. Thus, if the baby has not yet had teeth, or vice versa, they erupt a couple of months earlier, parents should not sound the alarm.
Deviations from the norm include the following:
- Teeth at birth.
- Their complete absence in a year.
Only in the above cases, the help of specialists is required:pediatrician, dentist and endocrinologist. Showing the baby to doctors is extremely important, since a deviation from the norm may also indicate the possible development of endocrine diseases or rickets.
The growth and order of teething in children under one year old is affected not only by heredity, but also by other factors:
- Improper nutrition of the child and nursing mother.
- Mom smoking and drinking.
- The course of labor activity.
- SARS and other diseases that the baby suffered in the first months of life.
- Mother or father chronically ill.
- Mother's illness during pregnancy.
- Late delivery or prematurity.
- Feeding method (breast or artificial). It is noted that, in breastfed babies, the process of teething is slower than in artificial babies.
How do you know when a baby is teething?
Because there is a speech barrier between parents and their baby, sometimes it is not so easy to identify the cause of his worries. Consider the main symptoms of teething in children per year.
- Since the process of moving teeth through the gum gives the baby discomfort and pain, his behavior can drastically change in a negative direction. The child may become irritable or cranky.
- Due to severe itching, children under one year old tend to drag any objects into their mouths, so they do their best to alleviate the unpleasantsymptom.
- Loss of appetite or refusal to eat at all. Breastfed babies may start biting at this time.
- Profuse salivation.
Can there be temperature during teething?
The baby's body is not yet fully formed before the year, due to the immaturity of the organs and the immune system, he may have a fever. Experts allow an increase in temperature during teething in children up to a year, but not higher than 38 degrees. As a rule, fever occurs due to inflammation of the gums, and profuse salivation is a bactericidal agent, which significantly reduces the risk of infection. Teething can be very difficult for some babies. When the first incisors appear, the temperature sometimes reaches high levels, up to 39-40 degrees. According to doctors, such well-being can lie in wait for children in the process of the appearance of molars, which begin to erupt by 1.5 years.
Febrile temperature can cause weakness, malaise, lack of appetite, sleep disturbance and even vomiting, which only aggravates the baby's condition. If a temperature of 38 degrees or more occurs, it must be brought down with antipyretic drugs in the form of rectal suppositories or syrup.
So, a high temperature is just a defensive reaction of the body, and in the absence of complications and serious he alth problems, it should decrease within three days.
Children may have a high temperature in these cases:
- Active emergence of several teeth.
- Inflammationgums, hemorrhage in the mucosa.
- If there are other inflammatory or infectious diseases in the body associated with the nervous system, liver, blood, lungs, kidneys, heart.
Diarrhea when teething
Signs of teething in a child under 1 year old include diarrhea. Not every doctor can give a scientific explanation of the relationship between the appearance of teeth and diarrhea, but nevertheless, many parents note that when the gums swell, the baby has loose stools. What could be causing this symptom? The main cause of diarrhea during teething is the ingestion of excess saliva into the baby's body. The normal duration of diarrhea associated with teething in children under 1 year of age should not exceed five days.
Warning symptoms include the following:
- Watery consistency.
- Presence of blood clots and foreign matter in the feces.
- Color change to black and greenish tints.
In such cases, you should contact your pediatrician.
Many parents attribute the appearance of a runny nose in their baby to another virus, but this is not always the case. In fact, the presence of snot may be associated with teething. Specialists explain this by the fact that the mucous membrane of the gums and nose of the child has a common mechanism of blood circulation. When a tooth erupts, an inflammatory process appears in the gum and blood circulation increases. At the same time withThis process activates the blood circulation of the nasal mucosa, which may cause a runny nose. However, after teething, "dental" rhinitis should immediately stop without any consequences.
How to recognize a runny nose associated with teething? According to experts, the snot caused by the appearance of the first teeth is a small discharge of a transparent color, the duration of which is three to five days. You should contact your doctor in the following cases:
- If the discharge is greenish or yellowish. This may indicate an infection.
- Duration of runny nose exceeds 5 days.
- Music from the nose has an unpleasant odor and a thick consistency.
- With a large amount of discharge from the baby's spout.
How can I help my baby?
Every mother wants to ease the suffering of her baby. To date, there are quite a few options with which you can reduce the itching and pain that the baby delivers during teething. Consider the most popular.
1. Medicines. The pharmacy has a huge assortment of various gels that are designed to relieve inflammation. As a rule, they are rubbed into the baby's gums. Such funds are safe and have almost no contraindications. When choosing, keep in mind that not every drug is suitable for breastfed babies. This is due to the fact that when the product gets on the tongue, it makes it difficult to suck. italso applies to those gels, which include lidocaine. In addition, before buying a medicine, you should consult your doctor, who will be able to choose the remedy based on the individual characteristics of the child.
2. Teether toys. The main purpose of such devices is to massage the gums, which reduces discomfort and accelerates the process of pecking the tooth. In addition, such toys develop fine motor skills, form the correct bite, prepare the baby for the chewing process, and simply distract from discomfort. In the manufacture of such devices, manufacturers focus on the sequence of teething in children up to a year and above. Today, the market offers not only universal teethers, but also special ones designed for a certain stage of teething in babies, which are different in shape and texture. The range of such products is quite large; on the shelves in children's stores you can find teethers in the form of toys, rattles, nipples, fingertips with a brush. In addition, they are cooling with gel and water, as well as with vibration. But most importantly, when choosing such a little thing, you should pay attention to the following:
- To make it comfortable for the baby to hold it in the pen and in the mouth.
- The teether should be made of quality materials that are safe for babies.
- The toy must be appropriate for the age of the child. As a rule, simple silicone teethers are suitable for babies 3-4 months old, and rattles areteethers are recommended for children over six months old who are already confident in manipulating objects.
A good alternative to special teethers is hard food. For example, children who receive complementary foods can be offered carrots, apples, or dryers.
When should I see a doctor?
Teething is an inevitable process that needs to be endured by both babies and their parents. Earlier, we found out that the tolerance and timing of teething in children under one year old are associated with individual characteristics. However, experts recommend seeking medical attention in the following cases:
1. When vomiting occurs. With teething, the baby's body becomes defenseless against various viruses and infections. With severe itching of the gums, the child tries to scratch them with his fist or various objects, all this can cause vomiting.
2. In violation of the order of teething in children under one year old.
3. In case of incorrect formation of the tooth, which may be expressed in its shape, color or size.
4. A high temperature for more than five days is a reason to visit a doctor, as this symptom may not be associated with teething.
5. If a one-year-old baby does not even have one tooth, it is necessary to show it to a pediatrician, dentist and endocrinologist.
Typically, delayed tooth development can be associated with:
- With impaired phosphorus-calcium metabolism.
- Because ofpremature baby.
- With various digestive disorders that can weaken the immune system.
- With existing signs of rickets.
- Due to frequent SARS.
6. If the position of the axis of the tooth is incorrect - oblique or horizontal, which is why it can remain in the thickness of the jaw bone or erupt outside the jaw arch.
Raising a child (3-4 years old): psychology, tips. Features of the upbringing and development of children 3-4 years old. The main tasks of raising children 3-4 years old
Raising a child is an important and main task of parents, you need to be able to notice changes in the character and behavior of the baby in time and respond to them correctly. Love your children, take the time to answer all their "whys" and "what for", show care, and then they will listen to you. After all, the whole adult life depends on the upbringing of a child at this age
At some point, parents are faced with a very difficult period for the baby, associated with the onset of teething. For some, it passes quite calmly, while others face whims and a significant decrease in immunity in the child. This causes fever, diarrhea and some other unpleasant symptoms. Further in the article, we will look at the order of teething in children and find out how they can be helped during this period
Every mommy looks forward to when her baby has her first teeth. After all, this period is often considered one of the first in growing up a baby. Now the little one will slowly learn to chew new food for him. And if everything is more or less clear with milk teeth, then how does the eruption of molars occur in a child? Let's try to figure it out
The question of how much a child should sleep at 1 year old worries all parents. Information from specialists, relatives and friends sometimes contradicts each other. How to be in this case? The answer is simple: you need to take all the tips as a basis and, on their basis, develop a daily routine suitable for your baby
What dates our history does not contain! The Old New Year holiday is not in any calendar of the world, but for almost a century it has been celebrated in our country and in some states of near and far abroad. Almost two weeks after the first of January, the fun at the Christmas tree is back. The current dual tradition is very surprising to foreigners, and not all of our compatriots know why this is happening. Where did the custom of celebrating the Old New Year come from? What date is it marked?