Kissel is one of the he althy and delicious drinks. Any mother can cook it for her baby at home. Most parents are interested in: “How many months can you give a child jelly? What to prepare it from? How to cook? Is it good for a tiny baby? Let's try to answer.
Kissel has a lot of useful properties:
- Cleanses the digestive tract, eliminates signs of dysbacteriosis, improves the quality of digestion.
- Due to the starch contained in the drink, it envelops the gastric mucosa with a protective film.
- Removes cholesterol, "cleanses" blood vessels.
- Cleansing, anti-inflammatory, antimicrobial action (due to various ingredients).
The benefits of the ingredients included in the jelly:
- Apple. Dietary, low allergenic product. Helps in the fight against diarrhea, useful for anemia, beriberi.
- Cherry. Natural antiseptic.Useful in the presence of inflammation of the respiratory organs.
- Blueberries. Solves the problems of the digestive system, improves immunity. Improves eyesight.
- Currant. Strengthens the walls of blood vessels. In winter, jelly from frozen berries (and starch) will be very useful.
- Raspberries, cranberries. Helpers in the fight against colds (contain a lot of acetylsalicylic and ascorbic acid). Increase immunity.
- Rowan. Shows choleretic action. It is characterized by a mild diuretic and laxative effect. Helps fight liver disease.
- Hercules. Rich in vitamins and minerals. Tones and has a general strengthening effect. Improves the condition in diseases of the stomach, diarrhea.
To whom it is recommended, and to whom jelly is contraindicated
For someone this delicious drink will be useful, for someone it will be harmful.
- in the postoperative period to restore the body;
- with regular diarrhea;
- during a cold;
- in the presence of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract;
- with intestinal infection during the recovery period;
- underweight children to gain weight;
- for a variety of children's menu.
Kissel is contraindicated:
- if the baby is constipated or has colon problems;
- child has diabetes;
- thick drink is contraindicated for babies, it can disrupt digestion (for babies - onlyliquid version!);
- the baby is allergic to any ingredient (in this case, you should consider which jelly can be given to the child and which not);
- Preschoolers should not consume store-bought packaged drink, it contains harmful flavors and aromas.
How many months can you give a baby kissel?
Loving parents are ready to treat their baby with a drink from the age of three months. But pediatricians do not recommend doing this. At such an early age, a child's digestion will not be able to cope with such an abundance of nutrients. What doctors advise:
- Starting from 6 months, the baby distinguishes tastes well and will drink jelly with pleasure. The drink should be present in the child's diet no more than 2 times a week. It is advisable to start with a light apple jelly.
- From 8 months old, a child can prepare a liquid drink, not only apple, but also milk or oatmeal.
- After 9 months, you can already add blueberries to the jelly, watching the baby's reaction (if there are any rashes).
- By the age of 1, the diet can be supplemented with other fruits and berries, avoiding exotic ones (with the exception of bananas). The berry jelly recipe for a child of this age is very easy to prepare (see below).
What you need to know when cooking?
The main products in the preparation of jelly are berries (or fruits) and starch. Sometimes milk or oatmeal. To begin with, the child needs to brew a one-component drink, and thencombine multiple flavors. It is also important to follow the technology:
- Dishes should be enamelled.
- Starch is first diluted with cold water, and then poured into the boiling mixture, stirring until it thickens.
- Children under one year old should use fructose instead of sugar. Never add artificial sweeteners and colors!
- To get the maximum benefit from the drink, you need to drink the finished jelly immediately, without leaving it for tomorrow and without putting it in the refrigerator (you can’t warm it up!).
- For babies, you need to brew a liquid drink (add less starch).
Children under one year old
For the preparation of a tasty and he althy drink, fresh, dried and frozen berries and fruits are suitable. Consider a few recipes that will help prepare jelly for a child up to a year old.
From frozen berries and starch
To prepare this option you will need the following products:
- currants (or other berries) - 1 cup;
- boiling water - 4 cups;
- sugar (fructose) - 3⁄4 cups;
- starch - 2 tablespoons.
The sequence of actions is as follows:
- Boil water, pour frozen berries into it. Cook for 15 minutes.
- The resulting broth is filtered and the berries are removed from it.
- Add sugar (preferably fructose!), set to boil again.
- Starch is diluted in a small amount of water.
- Pour starch solution into boiled water, cook for 2-3 minutes.
From how many months you can give a child jelly from berries, parents should decide on their own, focusing on the condition of the baby. Does he have any contraindications or maybe an allergy?
To cook pumpkin jelly, you will need:
- pumpkin juice - 2 cups;
- fructose - 2 teaspoons;
- boiling water - 4 cups;
- starch - 2 teaspoons.
The essence of the process:
- Juice mix with water, boil.
- Dissolve starch in a small volume of water, pour the solution together with fructose into the remaining (most) part of the liquid. Cook for 5 minutes over low heat.
- For taste, you can add a little cinnamon to the finished drink.
At what age can a child drink this drink? You can treat your baby with a banana option from 7 months.
This recipe does not require the addition of starch. For its preparation you will need:
- banana - 2 pcs;
- boiling water - 2 cups;
- sugar (fructose) - 2 tablespoons.
The recipe is:
- Remove the peel from the banana, remove the veins.
- Chop the fruit in any convenient way.
- Pour in sugar, add boiling water.
- Stir and cover tightly.
- Wait 30 minutes
This drink will help in the fight against coughs, diseases of the lungs and respiratory tract.
Dried fruit kissel
Drink from dried fruits can be prepared in summer and winter. What you need:
- anydried fruits - 100 grams;
- boiling water - 1 liter;
- starch - 3 tablespoons;
- fructose or sugar syrup - 80 grams.
The recipe is simple:
- Sort dried fruits, rinse thoroughly under running water.
- Pour in water, boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until tender.
- Strain through a sieve (or fine cheesecloth), squeeze dried fruit.
- Pour a small part of the broth into another bowl, where stir the starch.
- Bring the remaining (most) part of the liquid to a boil, add syrup, broth with starch and boil.
- For taste, you can also add any juice, rosehip broth, lemon slices.
After reading this article, each parent decided for himself how many months you can give your child jelly. To prepare a drink, you must use only fresh and high-quality products. Kissel of any composition is a very satisfying drink containing a large number of calories. So, you should not get carried away with this drink either, and a small child should be given it in small doses (otherwise overweight is not far off). Cook for your favorite kids with pleasure! Try different recipes and instill a taste in your child.