At 30 weeks pregnant, every mom can't wait to meet her baby as soon as possible. The average weight of the crumbs at 30 obstetric weeks is about one and a half kilograms, and the length from the crown to the heels can reach up to 42 centimeters. At this time, the woman is waiting for maternity leave and a planned ultrasound. Thanks to the examination, the expectant mother will be able to find out what the baby looks like at 30 weeks of pregnancy. In addition, there are many other parameters that need to be identified at this time.
30 weeks pregnant is how many months?
When this period comes, the third trimester comes to replace the second. Many mothers are interested in the question of how many months are 30 weeks pregnant? Before answering it, you need to figure out what the obstetric term is.
So, gynecologists count not from the day the baby is conceived, but directly from the beginning of the last menstruation. Therefore, the 30th obstetric week of pregnancy marks the beginningeighth month. At this time, the woman goes on maternity leave, and now she will have more time to prepare for the long-awaited meeting with her baby.
Baby weight and height
The main organs and systems have already been formed, now the rest of the time the embryo will actively grow and gain weight. The size of the fetus at 30 weeks of gestation is 38-42 cm. From this time on, the baby will gain at least 2 centimeters every 7 days. The normal weight of a child at 30 weeks of pregnancy is one and a half kilograms, but with each subsequent baby, the baby will gain 200–300 grams.
Large fruit: good or bad
It is generally accepted that a large fetus is distinguished by excellent he alth. But in fact, this is a delusion, since being overweight can negatively affect the development of the baby's organs and his condition in general. Doctors give average figures of 1500 grams, which is the optimal weight for this period. Minor deviations from the prescribed norm are allowed, but with a serious difference between the actual weight and the figure, you should heed the advice of doctors.
Probably, many women, being in an “interesting position”, are interested in what a baby looks like at 30 weeks of pregnancy. Before that, the skin color of the crumbs was bright red, but from now on it is replaced by pale pink. The baby's face becomes sweeter every day: plump cheeks appear, cilia grow, the contours of the nose acquire clearer lines. Due to high productionpigments begin to darken the hair. Gradually elongate the fingers and toes. The nails covering the distal phalanges are also enlarged. Subcutaneous fat grows, thanks to which the child's tummy, arms and legs get better.
What happens to the fetus at 30 weeks?
Another very important question. Not so active fetus at 30 weeks pregnant. Since there is less and less space in the uterus every day. At this time, the fetus looks like a real man. The respiratory system is formed, so when he is born at 30 weeks, he will be able to breathe on his own. The baby also blinks regularly, reacts to light, and even knows how to hide and turn away if a large stream of light hits the mother's tummy.
In the next video, you can find out in more detail what is happening with the baby at this time.
At the thirtieth week of pregnancy, vellus hair on the body is getting rid of. But it is worth noting that some babies can be born with a minimum amount of hair, while others are born very fluffy. In addition, each baby has a different thickness and growth rate of hair, which, of course, is due to heredity.
One of the most global changes occur in the nervous system of the fetus, the development of which is ongoing. At week 30, the foundations have already been laid, but the convolutions continue to grow and improve. New neural connections appear daily. At this time, the child has formed several dozenreflexes: respiratory, sucking, motor and others. He already hears and sees well, and with the help of visual receptors, the baby distinguishes between darkness and light. By this time, a blinking reflex has been formed, due to which the baby opens and closes its eyes. In addition, the baby at this time knows how to clench his fists, yawn and smile.
The fast-growing fetus can no longer perform the acrobatic stunts that were easily given to him a few months ago. He is strong enough, and therefore the mother clearly feels his movements and tremors. The baby has already formed its own regime in the tummy: he sleeps, eats, plays. With his pushes, he can remind his mother that it is time to eat or that he is bored. As a rule, when walking, the fetus in the tummy falls asleep, and when the mother assumes a horizontal position, on the contrary, the baby is activated. Very soon, the child will become even closer, and he will take a certain position: head or pelvic presentation. As a rule, in the second case, a caesarean section is prescribed. It is important for every mother to observe the movements, this will help to identify the well-being of the crumbs. At the 30th week of pregnancy, the child should remind himself about 10-15 times within an hour. Undoubtedly, he can sleep for a couple of hours, but, in general, his movements should be regular. This means that the little man feels good, which means there is no reason to worry.
Child activity depends on various factors:
- Psychological state of the expectant mother.
- Ambient sounds.
- During physical exertion, fetal movements stopor become barely perceptible.
- Feeding a woman.
- Time of day - as a rule, babies in the womb are most active at night.
- The character of the baby also plays a huge role in the movements. By nature, there are sedentary and active people, and such features may already appear during prenatal development.
As a rule, too violent movements of the baby, which cause pain in the mother, indicate trouble in his condition. Conversely, the complete absence of movements or too sluggish activity of the child should also alert the mother. If the baby is in such situations for a long time, then the woman needs to see a doctor as soon as possible.
Fetal anatomy at 30 weeks gestation
During the months that the baby has lived in the tummy, he has become much stronger and can, if necessary, live outside the womb. Indeed, there are cases when babies are born at about this time. But there is nothing to worry about, since the body of a thirty-week-old fetus is practically formed, and when the necessary conditions are created, it will function independently. At this time, the following happens:
- The liver is actively developing and accumulating iron, which is important for the first year of a baby's life.
- The main focus is on increasing subcutaneous tissue. Thanks to this, the skin of the baby becomes smoother.
- Neural connections of the brain continue to improve actively. Nervous reactions and fetal behavioras close as possible to the level of a full-term newborn.
- The baby's chest is constantly rising and falling, which contributes to the normal development of the lungs. If the child did not do this kind of breathing exercise, then his lungs would remain small in size, which would not be able to provide him with the necessary amount of oxygen.
- After the thirtieth week, the genitals begin to form in children, both in boys and in girls. However, there are cases when the final development of organs in boys occurs after birth. As practice shows, the descent of the testicles into the scrotum can occur a little later. But there is nothing to worry about, since this factor will not adversely affect he alth.
Despite the rather long gestation period, the fetus at 30 weeks has signs of prematurity. For example, the nail plates are soft and do not yet completely cover the nail beds. The ear cartilages are also distinguished by their excessive softness, which is why the baby's ears may stick out a little. But over the remaining ten weeks, the cartilage will become stiffer and the ears will take on the correct shape.
Baby on ultrasound
The final scheduled ultrasound is scheduled by the gynecologist at any time from 30 to 32 weeks. Many expectant mothers are examined on their own initiative. To find out what the child looks like. At 30 weeks of pregnancy, the baby can look at his legs and arms, as well as suck his fingers. You can watch your baby with this procedure. But besides this, ultrasound is also carried out to studycourse of pregnancy. And also to identify possible pathologies and find out the preliminary date of birth.
Consider what ultrasound shows at 30 weeks of pregnancy. During this procedure, the doctor pays attention to how the baby moves his limbs, how often he blinks. In addition, absolutely all organs of the baby are examined.
Also, at the planned third ultrasound, the doctor evaluates the following parameters:
- The weight and size of the baby, their correspondence to the gestational age.
- Location of the placenta in the uterus, as well as its thickness and structure.
- Birth canal: the state of the internal os and the length of the cervical canal.
- The state of the uterus itself.
- The volume and consistency of amniotic fluid.
- Location of the umbilical cord in relation to the fetus (whether there is an entanglement).
You now know what a baby looks like at 30 weeks of pregnancy, now let's find out what happens at this time in a woman's body. At this time, the expectant mother notices that she is gaining weight significantly. This can negatively affect the spine and joints of the lower extremities.
Sometimes my mother can catch her breath. This is due to the fact that due to the rapid growth of the fetus, the uterus puts pressure on the diaphragm. In addition, many women suffer from heartburn during this period. As a rule, this happens due to the wrong position of the stomach, but the correct and fractional nutrition of a woman will help to cope with this ailment.
Pregnancy at this time is also characterized by hormonalchanges. So, a woman can become more impressionable or nervous. But it is worth remembering that stressful situations can cause irreparable harm to the he alth of the mother and her child.
Tummy on the study period. Features
At the 30th week of pregnancy, the belly increases significantly in size. In addition to the growing fetus and placenta, it contains about one liter of amniotic fluid, which of course adds extra weight. Even those women who until that time had a small tummy notice a sharp increase in waist circumference. And this is quite normal. What the belly looks like at 30 weeks pregnant can be seen in the following photo.
Recommendations for expectant mothers
- The stomach at this time begins to increase rapidly, which affects the rapid fatigue of a pregnant woman. There are about 10 weeks left before the birth, and this suggests that it would be time to temporarily stop working and thoroughly begin to prepare for motherhood. Doctors advise expectant mothers to:
- Resting several times a day in a horizontal position.
- Wear loose clothing, avoid elastic bands that put pressure on your belly.
- Prefer shoes with non-slip soles and flats.
- Try not to be nervous.
- Eat small meals. For the best development of the fetus, the diet of a pregnant woman should be sufficient in iron, calcium and protein.
- To avoid irritation and stretch marks on the tummy, it is recommended to start using natural products in advancecreams or lotions.
- Special courses for expectant mothers will help you mentally prepare for childbirth, master breathing techniques.
- Walk more outdoors and get a lot of positive emotions.
Now let's look at what is impossible at the 30th week of pregnancy:
- Visiting baths and saunas.
- Consumption of alcohol and carbonated drinks.
- Sleep on your back.
- Air travel.
- Driving a car.
- Eating fried, highly s alty and spicy foods.
- Visiting public places during an exacerbation of seasonal diseases.
- Strong physical activity.
We hope that now the studied topic does not cause you questions.