People say: "as a person is named at birth, such will be his subsequent fate, such will be his character." In the Orthodox calendar, every day is dedicated to the memory of some saint. At baptism, a Christian is named after one of them, who becomes his patron. The day of memory of the righteous man whose name a person received is considered the day of an angel.
Elena can celebrate her Angel Day at least eight times a year. The patrons of girls bearing this beautiful name are:
- Great Martyr Elena (January 28, June 8, September 17).
- Elena of Constantinople (June 3). The Queen spent her whole life preaching the Christian faith. Under her leadership, excavations were carried out in Jerusalem, as a result of which religious artifacts were found, namely, the tomb of the Lord and the life-giving cross. Her son introduced Christianity to the Roman Empire.
- Rev. Elena Diveevskaya, while in the women's community near the village of Diveevo, led an ideal spiritual life, performed ascetic deeds for the glory of Christ. Day of the angel Elena, who chose this patroness as herrighteous, celebrated on June 10.
- Reverend Martyr Elena (August 10) was shot by the Bolsheviks for her active propaganda of Christianity.
- Queen Elena of Serbia (Angel's Day - November 12). This holy woman during her lifetime did good deeds, reconciled enemies, protected orphans, and helped church employees with money. After the death of her husband, the concern for the protection of her people fell on her shoulders.
On the day of the angel, Elena should pray for the salvation of her soul to her patron saint, whom she can choose at her own discretion.
Meaning of name
In translation, Elena means “bright”, “lunar”, “brilliant”, “chosen one”. According to some sources, the name is translated as "torch" or "fire". There is an opinion that the name comes from the ancient Greek sun god Helios.
In different languages there are several variants of the name Elena - Gelen, Ilona, Helen, Elina. When addressed in a diminutive form, she can be called Lenochka, Lena, Lenusya.
Lena is a vulnerable and sensual being, which should be taken into account when dealing with her. The phrase Elena the Beautiful appeared not by chance. After all, all women with that name are creative people with a well-developed taste and an innate sense of beauty. On the day of the angel, Elena loves to receive congratulations, and sometimes she expects them even more than on a real birthday.
Lena gets along well with people, tries to avoid any conflicts. She has a well-developed intuition, which she constantly listens to.
Elena is a businesslike, collected and enterprising woman who is no stranger to big, noisy and cheerful companies. She copes well with the role of deputy chief, but the head of her turns out to be no good. Elena is characterized by sudden mood swings, often she is overwhelmed by bouts of laziness.
She conquers men with her charm and some innocence. As a husband, he chooses a calm person endowed with life experience.
Elena tries to spend her day as an angel alone, never throws noisy parties about this.