It's no secret that there are people in the world who live up to 100 years, and sometimes longer. Many people want to live long, but does everyone succeed? What advice do centenarians give? And is it worth striving for longevity at all? Let's look at what is the life of a hundred year old man and what is good about it?
Why are there centenarians?
Not only ordinary people are interested in the answer to this question, but also medicine and science. Scientists say that a centennial person is one who has a certain gene. After all, it is true that centenarians give birth to offspring that also live on earth, if not for 100 years, but also for quite a long time.
This also explains why centenarians always dominate in one area, often mountainous or wooded.
So the main answer to the question is genetic predisposition.
Do medicine and a he althy lifestyle help to live longer?
Why don't modern people live as long as they would like? All becausethat with their rhythm of life and ambitions, this is simply impossible. A modern person cannot spend even an hour in silence, alone with himself, while a hundred-year-old person feels calm, sitting in complete silence. There is always peace and tranquility on his face.
Modern society always relies on someone, but not on itself. For example, he expects from medicine that she will come up with a super elixir for a long and happy life. However, all medicine can do is increase life expectancy by 15-20 years.
In addition, modern doctors have learned to deal with many diseases and prevent their occurrence, but this is still not enough. Prolonging life, medicine worsens its quality. Therefore, the question arises: is it worth it?
Another stumbling block is a he althy lifestyle. Many consider it a necessary condition in order to become a centenarian. However, this is not entirely true.
Very many centenarians have never adhered to the rules of a he althy lifestyle, being addicted to nicotine and alcohol, while not doing sports at all. From this we can conclude that a he althy lifestyle is not the main rule of a centenarian.
Who managed to overcome the centennial milestone and live for more than a century?
- Maria Esther de Capovilla (1889-2006). She lived for almost 117 years. Originally from Ecuador. During her life she had 5 children, 12 grandchildren, 20 great-grandchildren and 2 great-great-grandchildren.
- Maria Louise Mailer (1880-1998). Lived 117 and a half years.Originally from Canada.
- Lucy Hanna (1875-1993). Lived 117 and a half years. Originally from North America.
- Sara Knauss (1880-1999). Lived for almost 120 years. Originally from the USA. Died two days before the New Year, December 30.
- Jeanne Calment (1875-1997). Lived 122 years. Originally from France. She was distinguished by the fact that even at a very advanced age she led an active lifestyle. At the age of 85, she began to learn fencing, and at 100 she could safely ride a bicycle. The whole Zhanna family is distinguished by longevity.
However, the most famous centenarian is the Chinese Li Qingyun, who lived to be 256 years old. However, this person is not one hundred percent verified, that is, the existence of this person has not been documented.
The rules of life of a centennial man
How to live a hundred years? The following tips will help you, if not reach this mark, then at least extend your life by several years.
- Don't look at the calendar. No need to notice your age.
- Make quality of life more important than quantity.
- Walk - every day. If you want to stay young longer, keep moving.
- Don't make exercise a cult.
- Have sex with the people you love.
- Be sure to get married. Life is hard for one.
- Cry if you want. But don't forget to laugh.
- Stop worrying about money. Experience is more important.
- Travel to see the world.
- Never compare yourself to others.You are good in your own way.
- Make time for yourself and your desires every day.
- Never regret anything.
- Always share everything, even if you have nothing - share kindness.
- Forgive other people and yourself.
- Take it easy, most things resolve themselves.
- Keep yourself busy.
- Get a pet.
- Find out what you believe in and follow it.
- Learn to get used to new conditions.
- Develop and learn new things every day.
- Learn to feel sorry for yourself.
- Feel free to mourn what you have lost.
- Never give up, hard is just the beginning.
- Be happy. Not necessarily all the time, but you should be satisfied.
- Look for the good in people, even the worst is there.
- Be active. Don't sit in one place just because you're 100 years old.
- Don't bore yourself with different rules. It is better to live happily, forgetting about sleep and food.
- There should always be a purpose in life. Just because you're 80 doesn't mean you shouldn't have any more goals.
- Don't strive for material things. You never know when it's all over, but you can't take any of it with you. Strive better for the spiritual.
- Find a role model and strive to surpass it every day.