The so-called quest game is becoming a popular entertainment for modern children. Today, events are held in this way in kindergarten, school, and holidays are organized. What is the secret of the success of this form of leisure? In our material, we will talk about what children's quests are, share non-standard ideas for holding such an event for preschool kids.
What is a quest?
First, you should find out what the word "quest" actually means. It is translated from English as "search". In a general sense, this concept denotes a plot that involves achieving a goal by overcoming any obstacles.
If we talk about the quest as a form of organizing children's events, then this is a game, most often a team game, including various tasks of a competitive nature and having a certain plot. Children's quests are distinguished by the presence of tasks affecting a variety of areas of knowledge andskills - it can be both physical competitions (for example, relay races) and intellectual quizzes. In addition, the scenario of such a game involves the use of complex scenery, musical accompaniment, as well as the involvement of animators.
The main advantage of the quest is that this form of organizing a holiday unobtrusively, in a playful, entertaining way, helps to activate the cognitive and thought processes of the participants.
With the help of such a game, you can achieve educational goals: implement project and game activities, introduce new information, consolidate existing knowledge, practice children's skills.
In addition, competitive activity teaches children how to interact in a team of peers, increases the atmosphere of cohesion and friendship, develops independence, activity and initiative.
Thus, children's quests help to realize the following tasks:
- educational (participants learn new knowledge and consolidate existing ones);
- developing (during the game there is an increase in educational motivation, the development of creative abilities and individual positive psychological qualities, the formation of research skills, self-realization of children);
- educational (skills of interaction with peers, tolerance, mutual assistance and others are formed).
The essence of the children's quest
Children's quest games - thisthis form of recreational activities, which is a complex of problematic tasks set for a specific purpose. Such a holiday resembles theatricalization: an “adventure” plot is drawn up with the participation of fairy-tale or cartoon characters popular among children. Decorations and materials for assignments are thought out. Quite often, quests for children are held outdoors. Preschoolers take an active part in the process of the game, they become "seekers", heroes of fairy tales.
Principles of organizing quests
In order to effectively organize children's quests, you should adhere to certain principles and conditions:
- all games and activities must be safe (do not ask children to jump over a fire or climb a tree);
- tasks assigned to children should be appropriate for the age of the participants and their individual characteristics;
- under no circumstances should a child be humiliated in any way;
- it is required to introduce different types of activities into the content of the scenario, since children of the specified age, according to the psychological and age characteristics, cannot perform the same tasks;
- tasks must be thought out in such a way that they are consistent, logically interconnected;
- the game should be emotionally colored with the help of scenery, musical accompaniment, costumes, inventory;
- preschoolers should clearly understand the goal of the game they are striving for (for example,find a treasure or save a good character from an evil one);
- should consider time intervals during which children can complete the task, but do not lose interest in it;
- The role of the teacher in the game is to guide the children, to “push” them to the right decision, but the children must make the final conclusions on their own.
Quest ideas for preschoolers
Children of preschool age take part in quests with great pleasure. For such kids, games based on a fairy tale plot are suitable. For example, you can write a script for a quest for children of the younger group of a kindergarten based on the fairy tale "Gingerbread Man". This fairy-tale character unexpectedly comes to visit the kids and asks the guys for help - he got lost in the forest, and he needs to find his way home to his grandparents. Children, together with Kolobok, go on a journey, where various obstacles await them in the form of sports and intellectual tasks. Other characters can be introduced into the script: Wolf, Bear, Fox.
For preschoolers of the middle and older groups, it is better to choose characters from popular cartoons - getting to know your favorite character will increase educational interest, activate cognitive processes and simply leave an unforgettable positive impression on kids.
Thus, it is more efficient for preschoolers to organize story-driven, colorful children's quests. Scenarios are developed taking into account the set goals, the number of participants and many other factors.
Quests for quests
Quests for preschoolers in kindergarten should perform not only an entertaining function, but also implement educational tasks. Therefore, tasks should correspond to the chosen topic and, in terms of their content, correspond to the level of knowledge and skills of the kids. To do this, the educator should clearly state the purpose of the upcoming game and take into account the technical possibilities of organizing the event.
Tasks for a children's quest can be very diverse:
- games "Spot the differences", "What's wrong?";
- creative tasks;
- sand games;
- sport relay races.
Quests for children's birthday
Recently, companies involved in organizing holidays offer a service such as a children's birthday quest. Such a holiday can be organized independently. You just need to approach the script responsibly and creatively.
Features of this type of quests is that the birthday boy is the main character of the plot. The purpose of such an event is the positive emotions of the participants. This quest includes various sweet moments and gifts, for example, you can use a large balloon that contains sweets, or cookies with wishes.
We have explained the general principles by which children's quests are organized. Scenarios of such events are compiled taking into account various factors: ageparticipants, the tasks and goals of the game, material and technical capabilities, the venue, as well as the individual inclinations and wishes of the children themselves. The main thing is to make it fun, informative and memorable for a long time!