Every parent wants their child to become a child prodigy (or at least just capable and smart). To organize assistance to adults, there are many methods for teaching a child to read and write, reading and mathematics. These are the systems of Maria Montessori, Glenn Doman and many others. A special place here is occupied by Zaitsev's cubes - a method of teaching reading from an early age.
Features of the technique
Literally every day Zaitsev's cubes gain more and more followers. What is the unique feature of this technique? Why do children who are eating out of infancy begin to read on their own after just a few lessons?
N. A. Zaitsev's method of teaching reading involves reading in warehouses. For one unit here, not a letter is taken, as is customary in conventional teaching methods, but a warehouse. It represents the natural effort that the speech apparatus produces during pronunciation. Because the warehouse is a natural effort and will be easy for a child of almost any age to pronounce.
Based on reading in warehouses, such a training methodology has been developed asZaitsev cubes. They are a whole teaching aid that contributes to the harmonious development of the child's personality.
Zaitsev's cubes are both learning to read, and general development, and the development of logical thinking, and speech therapy exercises. Many mothers are sure that their children who practice this method will achieve a lot in the future.
Great teacher Nikolai Alexandrovich Zaitsev
Almost every adult has heard such a phrase as "Zaitsev's cubes." The method of teaching reading based on warehouses is gaining more and more followers every day. However, few people know who became the author of the unique technique.
Nikolai Alexandrovich Zaitsev is a great Russian teacher-innovator. Born in a family of teachers, from early childhood he dreamed of giving knowledge to children.
The idea of creating a special methodology for teaching reading was born in his student years, when the future teacher was assigned to Indonesia for undergraduate practice. There he was to teach the basics and peculiarities of the Russian language to the local population.
Nikolai Alexandrovich began to apply the basics of his developments while working at school. Gradually, he introduced his works into kindergartens.
When the effectiveness of the methods created by the teacher was confirmed by several generations of children, the famous Zaitsev cubes were born, the teaching method for which was fundamentally different from the generally accepted one.
The unique author's technique for more than 20 years. However, the teacher-innovator does not stand still. It improvesZaitsev cubes. Teaching methods are constantly being improved. To date, a large number of additional techniques and game exercises have been created, which are based on classes in such unusual cubes.
What do Zaitsev's cubes look like?
What is a cube? One of the most favorite children's toys. Each of us can remember with what joy in the distant childhood he built castles and towers with their help. Knowing how children love these games, the author, when creating his methodology, took the usual children's cubes as a basis.
However, they are not at all like the ones we are used to. Warehouses are depicted on each of their faces. What are they?
Warehouses can consist of:
- From one letter.
- From two letters (consonant - vowel).
- From two letters (consonant - soft sign).
- From two letters (a consonant is a solid sign).
In addition, all the cubes are painted in different colors. This helps children understand the principles of reading faster:
- Gold colored cubes with vowels. In Zaitsev's methodology, they are called "golden".
- Grey cubes are warehouses with a ringing sound. The so-called "iron" cubes.
- Brown cubes - blank warehouse, "wooden" cubes.
- Cubes of white and green colors are punctuation marks.
Reading Zaitsev's cubes develops children's tactile sensations, musical abilities, and contributes to the development of hearing organs. To achieve this, specific content has been added to each view. They are nothollow, like the usual cubes. Because of their content, they have a certain sound.
Zaitsev Cubes can be filled:
- wooden sticks;
- small metal objects;
Due to their filling, cubes are also distinguished by weight.
Every child literally falls in love with Zaitsev's cubes from the very beginning of classes. The teaching methodology for them is not a familiar learning activity, but a game one. As they play, children seamlessly move from looking at blocks to reading on their own.
To speed up the learning process, each cube has been designed with its own size.
- Double dice are large. They are solid warehouses.
- Standard size dice show soft storage.
What does the Zaitsev technique affect?
Due to the unique structure, color and size of the cubes, the developed method contributes not only to learning to read for children of any age, but also affects their comprehensive development.
Classes on Zaitsev's cubes affect the following areas:
In addition, during classes according to the Zaitsev method, the musical, physical, emotional development of children takes place.
How to practice according to the methodZaitseva?
The author of the technique recommends not to overload the child with classes. The entire learning process should be built in the form of a game. The duration of one lesson is no more than half an hour.
During classes, children do not sit at their desks, as in school. They run, jump, dance, lie, play. Thanks to the freedom of action, the game does not bother them.
To organize the learning process, not only cubes are used. The structure of the methodical equipment also includes tables where all warehouses are displayed. During classes, the tables are in front of the eyes of the children. This contributes to more efficient learning.
At what age can classes start?
The author recommends introducing children to his methodology as early as possible. Toddlers up to two years old can simply play with cubes, study warehouses on the edges. So the child will be prepared for the process of reading at an older age.
The best time to start classes is when the child starts talking on his own. This usually happens by 2 years of age. During this period, the child is ready to start learning.
If a kid starts studying according to the Zaitsev method at the age of three, then he will be able to read on his own in about six months. This period is considered the most favorable for learning to read, because. there is a simultaneous development of the child's speech apparatus and the foundations of learning to read are laid.
Classes with children 4 years old will bring positive results after 16-20 "lessons".
Children aged 5 to 6 will learn to read on their own in 5-8classes. This age period is also considered one of the most favorable for the beginning of learning to read, because. the level of mental development of the child is most conducive to the beginning of classes.
If a child began to study according to the Zaitsev method at the age of 6, he will need only 5-6 lessons to start independent reading.
Learn by playing
Which child likes to learn all the time? The main activity for preschool age is the game. Therefore, dice lessons should also be built in the form of a game.
What are the games with Zaitsev's cubes? To date, many of these methods have been developed. Consider the most popular types of tasks based on gaming activities:
- Cheerful engine. We make a train from the cubes you like with vowel warehouses. In order for it to start “moving along the rails”, the warehouses on the faces of the cubes must be sung.
- Kolobok. We throw a cube - "kolobok" in any part of the room. The child catches up with the "kolobok" and reads the warehouse on its upper edge.
- Let's find pairs. The game requires dice and tables. Choose any cube. We read the warehouse on its upper face. Find the same warehouse in the table.
- Voices of animals. We remember what sounds domestic animals make (cat, dog, cow, etc.). The child must find the cubes with warehouses corresponding to the voices of animals (meow, moo, av, etc.).
What do parents say?
The effectiveness of using Zaitsev's cubes has been proven by time. For 2 decadesthe number of followers of the unique technique is growing.
And what do parents say about Zaitsev's cubes? Feedback from adults whose children have learned to read using this method:
- During the period of study according to the Zaitsev method, children literally fall in love with the process of reading.
- Harmonious development of children in the field of education, upbringing, art.
- Classes on Zaitsev's cubes teach children not only reading. They discipline them, develop logical thinking, make them think critically.
- The learning process is quite easy. During the game, children do not even notice how they move on to independent reading.
However, not all parents praise and approve Zaitsev's cubes. Feedback from adults when training failed:
- Many kids don't get the point of reading word by word.
- After learning with Zaitsev's cubes, it is difficult for children to switch to syllabic reading.
- With individual lessons using this method, the child may have difficulty understanding the principles of reading. The collective method of teaching is more acceptable.
Reading is the basis for the harmonious development of a person in childhood. Classes with children according to the Zaitsev method are the shortest and most natural way to the world of letters. Zaitsev's cubes are a real storehouse of wisdom, available to everyone.