2023 Author: Priscilla Miln | [email protected]. Last modified: 2023-08-25 02:58
Most pensioners prefer to spend their old age at home, within their walls. However, it happens that an elderly person does not have children or close relatives who can provide proper care. In this case, you just need to know how to get into a nursing home.
Applying to a government agency
Every year more and more lonely elderly people are recorded who are not able to provide a good life for themselves. The only way out is a nursing home. Of course, it cannot be said that living conditions there are at the highest level. However, the staff provide the necessary care for each guest. In addition, do not forget that communication with other people in old age also plays an important role.
How to get into nursing homes, you can find out in the social security authorities at the person's place of residence. There you will need to write an application and provide a package of documents for registration.
What documents will be needed:
- Passport of the applicant.
- Polismedical insurance - in the original.
- Pension certificate.
- If you have a disability, you must provide a certificate without fail.
When all the necessary papers are prepared, they must be handed over to the social service so that they can check everything. A special commission will be appointed, whose duties include checking the living conditions in which the pensioner is located, and whether he has any relatives. If it is confirmed that an elderly person is not able to take care of himself on his own, then he will be assigned to a boarding house, issued a conclusion and a referral to stay there.
Who can go to a nursing home
Before you get into a nursing home, be sure to fill out a special questionnaire in the social security authorities and provide a full package of necessary documents. The candidate must meet the following criteria:
- Age category. Men must be at least 60, women must be at least 55.
- The presence of a disability of the first and second groups, confirmed by a certificate.
- Veterans of war.
In institutions of this type, disabled people of the first, second group or those pensioners who suffer from senile dementia can be registered. In addition to the application and documents, the guardian or relative will need to submit a certificate from the attending physician, which confirms the diagnosis of the pensioner.
Depending on the group of disability or degree of disabilityspecial care will be given. Each specific case is considered taking into account many secondary factors.
Payment for stay in a boarding house
In most cases, pensioners are sent to a state nursing home. How to get there, who will pay for the stay - these and other questions are clarified with the social protection authorities.
There are two main scenarios:
- The pensioner pays for his own living from his pension. Usually 75% of the amount is spent on payment, the other 25% is given to the person.
- It is possible that a pensioner has children, but they live abroad and cannot provide the parent with attention and care. In this case, any close relatives can pay for living in a nursing home.
To whom the pensioner's property goes
When drawing up documents, you need to know not only how you can get into a nursing home, but also who will get the pensioner's property. There are three scenarios for the development of events:
- In the event that an elderly person has children or other close relatives, they have every right to dispose of the property that remains.
- If a pensioner has no one, he can transfer real estate or other possessions to the boarding house in which he will live. This will be payment for his maintenance and stay in a nursing home.
- In the event that a pensioner has no relatives and he has not transferred his property to anyone, the state has every right to withdraw everything to itsproperty.
Private boarding house - a decent old age for everyone
Boarding houses today are not only public, but also private. Institutions of this type are considered the best for pensioners who want to meet their old age with dignity. Private nursing homes are characterized by the best care for residents, a high level of comfort and qualified medical care. Here, pensioners will not only communicate with other people of their age, but also receive the necessary treatment.
However, it is worth noting that not everyone can afford such a luxury. If state institutions are overcrowded, then there are a lot of private places. The thing is the cost of living: it is very high. If you are interested in how to get to live in a nursing home, then contact the social service, they will provide you with a list of public and private institutions.
Nursing Home Benefits
Of course, many might say that it is terrible when an elderly person spends his old age in such a place. But, if you look at this question from the other side: what about those pensioners who have no one, who just want to meet their old age with dignity? There is only one way out - a nursing home. It is very easy to find out how to get there, the main thing is to prepare the necessary documents.
So, let's take a look at the benefits that can be identified in nursing homes:
- The elderly are cared for around the clockleaving.
- Good nutrition, mostly dietary, which is safe for the body of a pensioner.
- The availability of special wheelchairs, comfortable beds for those who cannot walk on their own.
- Various leisure activities - walks, books, games.
- Constant examination by specialized doctors, drug treatment.
- Connect with your peers.
- You can pay for living in a public institution from your pension.
- If there are relatives, they can visit the pensioner on any day off and even sometimes go to the city for a walk.
Whether it's public or private, a nursing home is a great option for retirees who want to feel needed and secure. Constant communication, care from the boarding house staff and other criteria give guests a smile, which has a great effect on overall he alth.
Psychological and medical care
Every person who enters a nursing home needs constant help. And not only medical, but also psychological.
In any institution there is a staff of experienced doctors who constantly monitor the condition of the guests. In addition, do not forget that pensioners will be able to communicate with each other at any time. In fact, this is a huge plus. At home, within four walls, sometimes there is a feeling of helplessness and uselessness. This will not happen in a nursing home. Constant communication will make you feel much better.better, learn a lot from your peers and even make friends. After all, one cannot live without friends, regardless of age.
How to get into a nursing home for a pensioner
How can a pensioner who cannot take care of himself, has no relatives and has difficulty moving around get into a boarding house? In fact, there is a way out of this situation. If you are unable to reach social services, you can simply call them and ask them to come home. Provide employees with all the necessary documents for registration, and they will take care of everything.
Do not be afraid: there you will be provided not only with medical care, but also with psychological help.
How they get into nursing homes is now more clear. It is not at all necessary that all the people there were abandoned by their families. It is quite possible that they simply have no one, and the boarding house has become a second home. For such people, it is very important that they do not spend their old age alone.
How do they get into nursing homes and what you need to do for this:
- Contact the social security authorities.
- Fill out an application and check if you meet all the criteria.
- Determine who will get your property. If there are no relatives, then the best option would be to transfer the property to the boarding house as payment for living with them.
- Wait for all documents to be processed (usually it doesn't take long).
- Spend old age with your peers, gainproper care and good mood.
Now you know how they get into nursing homes and what it is for. You personally do not need this, but you know a disabled neighbor who has no one to look after, help her, give her a decent old age in the circle of care and communication with people. The boarding house will be a real salvation, a godsend for that category of pensioners who want to enjoy life and not feel lonely.
Demand for nursing homes is growing every year. Reviews of public and private institutions of this type are very different. The authorities are unable to provide all the elderly with a decent old age. Therefore, private institutions are rapidly moving into the market. Consider how pensioners live in a nursing home and is it easy to get there
How many days can I get pregnant after my period? How fast can you get pregnant after your period? Chances of getting pregnant after period
Pregnancy is a crucial moment for which every woman wants to be ready. To determine the probable moment of conception, it is necessary to know not only the time of ovulation, but also some features of the human body
Unfortunately, in recent years, infertility deprives many women of the happiness of motherhood. It was with a request: "We can not get pregnant, help!" most patients of the Reproductive Medicine Centers turn to specialists. Of course, everyone knows that the cost of such services is hundreds and thousands, and often tens of thousands of dollars, so many are looking for alternative methods that are more accessible to ordinary people
Many couples who want to become parents have to go long and hard towards their goal. They are interested in the question of how to get pregnant 100 percent. Let's try to figure this out
A woman who once felt the happiness of motherhood, in the depths of her soul always wants to relive these wonderful moments of waiting and the first meeting with the baby. Some of the fair sex think about re-pregnancy immediately after the birth of their first child, others need time to make such a decision, while others plan their next child only when the first one starts going to school