"Did someone settle in the tummy?" All women are concerned about this issue, noticing timid signs of an interesting situation. What are the symptoms that in nine months a baby will appear in your life? How does a gynecologist determine pregnancy?
Signs of pregnancy
Many women are able, even in the early stages, to suspect the presence of a future man in the stomach. Although in most cases, visible symptoms appear somewhat later. So, let's determine what changes occur in the body of the expectant mother:
- The first and most accurate symptom of pregnancy is the absence of menstruation. However, there may be many more reasons for delaying critical days, from stress to endocrine disorders.
- Toxicosis. In films, women learn about the onset of pregnancy by the first urge to vomit. Future mothers often feel unwell in the morning, on an empty stomach or in a stuffy room.
- Sensitive to smells.
- Lack of appetite or strong food cravings. Extremes in nutrition often indicate an interesting situation. Also expectant mothersare in dire need of certain foods.
- Drowsiness, fatigue and mood swings. Whims and ever new desires - that's what pregnancy is associated with. Signs like these can indeed indicate the birth of a new life in a woman's body.
- Drawing pains in the lower abdomen.
- Breast swelling.
- Nipple halo darkening.
The test will dispel doubts
The easiest way to self-diagnose pregnancy is a pharmacy test. It is either a strip of paper or a reagent placed in a plastic shell. When in contact with urine, a real chemical reaction occurs, as a result of which we can observe the long-awaited two strips.
However, the test is unlikely to do its job as accurately as a gynecologist. It determines pregnancy with a probability of 80%, although manufacturers promise 99%. False negative and false positive results are very common. Also note that the test should be carried out only after detecting a missed period, preferably in the morning and preferably several times.
How does a gynecologist determine pregnancy during an examination?
If you have first thoughts about your situation, it is better to visit a doctor. An experienced gynecologist during a routine examination can diagnose pregnancy with a high degree of probability by the following signs:
- Firstly, the cervical mucosa changes color,turning purple or violet.
- Secondly, the size of the uterus itself is increasing.
- Even with normal palpation of the abdomen, the doctor may feel a thickening of the walls of the uterus.
Besides the fact that the doctor will answer the main question, he will still be able to suspect various abnormalities, determine the presence of tone, and also conduct an examination that diagnoses sexual infections.
This is a fairly popular and, contrary to popular belief, safe way to determine pregnancy. With a conventional sensor, you can notice a fetal egg for a period of 6 weeks. The vaginal sensor is able to recognize the nascent life at 3-4 weeks.
How does a gynecologist determine pregnancy using ultrasound? With a conventional ultrasound, a special gel is applied to the surface of the abdomen, and the sensor displays an image of the tiny inhabitant of your belly on the screen. The doctor measures the embryo, listens to the heartbeat, which allows you to identify the pathology.
A method similar to testing urine at home. It also aims to detect the hCG hormone. However, it is much easier to detect it in the blood, and the dynamics are easy to track.
This research method helps not only to diagnose pregnancy, but also to draw some conclusions about its course. Your doctor may suggest that you do several blood tests a couple of days apart. This is necessary in order to analyze the growth dynamics of hCG (a hormone that is produced in large quantities in the body of a future mother). If you know,What is your current gestational age, you can compare your performance with normal. In case of deviations, it is better to consult a doctor, as a low level of hCG may indicate an ectopic or missed pregnancy.