Pregnancy is the most beautiful time in the life of any woman, but it comes with a lot of inconvenience. Hormonal imbalance, increased fatigue, frequent urge to urinate and many others. But the biggest problem is intoxication of the body. She does not pose a particular threat to the he alth of the baby and the expectant mother, but brings some discomfort to everyday life. Therefore, many of the fair sex have a question about how to reduce toxicosis during pregnancy. There are quite a few both medicinal and folk methods with which you can make yourself feel better and make the symptoms of intoxication less pronounced. They will be discussed later in this article.
Toxicosis is a pathological condition in pregnant women that occurs inas a result of the negative impact on the body of chemicals, accompanied by severe nausea, periodic vomiting, difficult defecation and hyperosmia. All these clinical manifestations are pronounced, which is why the expectant mother begins to feel bad. Therefore, it is necessary to have an idea of how to reduce toxicosis in the first trimester, since its first signs may appear even before the fact of pregnancy is established.
Features of intoxication
The negative impact of harmful substances of endogenous origin in all women can manifest itself in completely different ways, depending on the individual characteristics of the body.
However, the following general features of intoxication can be distinguished:
- Persistent nausea is a non-specific symptom that may indicate not only the presence of toxicosis, but also various somatic diseases.
- In some cases, nausea is not associated with a deviation in the development of the fetus, but it is psychological in nature.
- There are cases when symptoms are caused by a false pregnancy.
The last feature also refers to psychological and is due to the strong desire of a woman to have a child in the case when it is not possible to become pregnant for a long period of time. This is especially true for people prone to self-hypnosis.
When do the first signs of intoxication appear in pregnant women?
This issue deserves special attention. Answering a question abouthow to reduce toxicosis, you must first find out when the first symptoms of this condition appear. Even doctors cannot unequivocally answer this question, since each case is individual and depends on many factors. Approximately on the seventh day after the fertilization of the egg in the female body, the content of the hCG hormone increases, resulting in intoxication. The first clinical manifestations make themselves felt 10-12 days after conception. However, in medical practice there are many cases when intoxication did not appear immediately, but within the range from 8 to 40 weeks of gestation.
Types of toxicosis
As such, the classification of intoxication in pregnant women does not exist. However, depending on the period of manifestation, the syndrome is divided into the following varieties:
- Until the delay. It is the most common and manifests itself on average 8-9 days after conception.
- Early. The woman begins to notice the first symptoms at 14-16 weeks of gestation. If there is no sudden and large loss of body weight, then there is no cause for concern. However, to improve well-being, the expectant mother should know at least a few ways to reduce toxicosis. In this case, the syndrome will not cause much inconvenience.
- Preeclampsia. It is a late stage of intoxication, which, as a rule, manifests itself in the 2nd or 3rd trimester. This condition is very dangerous and requires immediate treatment, as it creates a great threat to the normal development and life of the fetus.
Stands apartisolate staphylococcal toxicosis. It is bacterial in nature and occurs due to the consumption of stale or poor-quality food.
This form of intoxication is of the following types:
- Morning: Most common. Nausea and vomiting occur almost immediately after waking up. The main reason is low blood sugar. How to reduce morning sickness will be discussed later in this article.
- Evening - the symptoms of intoxication appear only in the evening and are associated with poor nutrition, extreme fatigue and stress.
Regardless of when toxicosis appears, it causes a lot of inconvenience to a pregnant woman, so the clinical manifestations must be de alt with.
Main causes of intoxication
Let's take a closer look at this. Before we figure out how to reduce nausea with toxicosis, let's look at why pregnant women experience this painful condition. Until the end, intoxication of the body during gestation has not been studied, so doctors cannot name all the reasons why it occurs.
As for the main versions, they are as follows:
- psychological changes;
- age factor;
- past induced abortion;
- chronic infectious diseases;
- development of the placenta;
- malfunctions of the adrenal glands responsible for the release of glucocorticosteroids;
- changehormonal levels;
- various neurological diseases;
- increase in the level of the hormone chorionic gonadotropin;
- carrying more than one fetus;
- genetic predisposition.
These are just the main reasons behind intoxication in pregnant women, which are confirmed by science. But, as mentioned earlier, there are many other factors that are not yet fully understood.
Painful condition in the first trimester
So how does it manifest itself? One of the most common questions that almost every expectant mother asks is: "How to reduce toxicosis in the early stages?" And this is not surprising, since it is one of the most common. In most cases, it occurs due to malfunctions in the functioning of the immune system, the cause of which lies in large-scale changes occurring in the body. A kind of intoxication is a defensive reaction to the embryo, which is recognized as a foreign body.
After conception, expectant mothers experience the following:
- A fertilized egg contains both maternal and paternal genetic material. The latter is perceived by the immune system as alien.
- So that the fetus is not killed by the protective functions of the body, it begins to intensively produce progesterone, which depresses the immune system.
- As a result of hormonal imbalance, the biochemical composition changes, as a result of which expectant mothers andstart feeling nauseous. At the same time, the stronger the immunity of a woman, the brighter the symptoms of intoxication.
This is not considered any disease or abnormality in the body, so no therapy is required. Most pregnant women simply put up with poor he alth and endure it until the very birth. But if you know how to reduce toxicosis in the first trimester, then you won’t have to endure anything.
The manifestation of intoxication in recent weeks
What do you need to know about this? Why is this happening? In the normal course of pregnancy, intoxication manifests itself in the early stages, but if any complications arise, then the clinical manifestations make themselves felt in the 2nd and 3rd trimester.
Among the main reasons for this are the following:
- eating too fatty, s alty and spicy foods;
- cardiovascular disease;
- problems with liver function;
- excessive weight gain;
- bad habits;
- constant stress;
- age factor;
- chronic fatigue;
- frequent abortions;
- multiple pregnancy;
- genetic features;
- unhe althy eating;
- too frequent births;
- adaptive changes in the nervous system.
When answering the question of how to reduce toxicosis, it is necessary to take into account the reasons why it develops, since it depends on what measures andmedicines worth taking.
Duration of disease state
What does it depend on? As in the case of the time of manifestation of intoxication, its duration is different for each woman. According to most expectant mothers, relief comes somewhere in the twelfth week of gestation. However, according to doctors, toxicosis is a pathology of pregnancy itself, caused by the rapid development of the placenta, which begins at 5-6 and lasts up to 14-16 weeks. But each specific case is individual, and specific terms for different women can be very different. The severity of intoxication is determined based on the chemical composition of the blood, as well as the level of acetone in the urine. That is why it is critically important to know how to reduce toxicosis in early pregnancy. Forums for expectant mothers give various tips, however, as practice shows, most of them are simply useless. The remainder of this article will provide practical tips that have been proven effective over the years.
How to ease the feeling of intoxication during pregnancy?
So, how to reduce toxicosis so that the expectant mother does not suffer so much from this painful condition? It all depends on which trimester intoxication appeared. If late, then a comprehensive treatment program is required here, so it is recommended to seek qualified medical care at the hospital.
In the case of an early deadline, everything is much simpler, sinceYou can eliminate nausea and vomiting if you follow these tips:
- diversify your daily diet;
- drink lemon balm tea in the morning;
- do not eat too hot food;
- stick to a fractional diet;
- drink every day as much liquid as possible;
- try not to overwork too much;
- completely eliminate or minimize s alt intake;
- eat more raw fruits and vegetables, as well as baked or steamed ones.
Special attention should be paid to the diet. There are certain foods that reduce morning sickness during pregnancy.
These include the following:
- fresh or baked apples;
- cottage cheese;
- oranges, tangerines and other citrus fruits;
- dried apricots;
- chicken meat;
- herbal teas;
- mineral water containing alkali.
Thus, by using products that reduce toxicosis, pregnant women can significantly reduce the severity of intoxication and improve their well-being. As for forbidden food, it is worth excluding smoked meats, fried, fatty and spicy dishes, crab sticks, chocolate, alcoholic and carbonated drinks, as well as any pickles from the diet.
Take any medicationduring gestation, should only be done after consultation with the attending qualified doctor, as some of them may be dangerous to the he alth of the baby.
In most cases, doctors recommend the following to their patients:
In addition, to normalize the water balance and cleanse the body of toxins, qualified doctors put saline droppers on pregnant women.
Many women are afraid of drug treatment because they are afraid that drugs can harm the unborn baby and adversely affect its development, so they are wondering how to reduce toxicosis in early pregnancy with folk remedies.
The following are good for painful conditions:
- cranberry juice;
- pumpkin tea;
- decoction of oregano.
All these remedies and products have been used by our ancestors for many centuries, so they are effective and completely safe for intoxication caused by pregnancy.
This article gave a detailed answer to the questionabout how to reduce toxicosis. Reviews of women who have already given birth and struggled with intoxication argue that the most attention should be paid to the daily diet. By eating fresh, he althy and wholesome foods, you can reduce the symptoms of intoxication. In addition, it is recommended to rest as much as possible, without overloading the body with great physical exertion. However, if nothing helps, and vomiting does not give rest, then in this case it is worth going to the hospital, since self-medication can be very dangerous. Take care of yourself and your future baby!