With the help of modern stationery, you can remove inscriptions mistakenly left on paper, but they all leave traces. Then a person is faced with the question: how to remove ink from paper without traces? This can be done using various means, most of which are always at hand. In the article, we will consider the most popular ways to solve the problem.
Surely almost everyone has a bottle of hydrogen peroxide in their first aid kit. In addition to treating wounds, it helps in solving many household issues, including removing ink from paper. For the procedure, we need 6% hydrogen peroxide. If you have hydroperite tablets, then you can prepare a solution by dissolving 6 tablets in 50 ml of water.
Sequence of actions:
- Use 6% hydrogen peroxide. A cotton pad is moistened with a liquid, squeezed out and the place with ink is gently soaked. Do not water the inscription too much, otherwisethere will be divorces.
- If necessary, you can prepare a solution with a higher concentration, for example, 8%. To do this, take 8 tablets of hydroperite and mix with 50 ml of water. Gloves are put on the hands and the ink stain is treated with the solution.
- Then the paper is left to dry completely. In order not to spoil the sheet, during processing, the solution must not be allowed to drain from the paper.
Peroxide, potassium permanganate and vinegar
Also, a mixture of peroxide and vinegar will help remove ink from a ballpoint pen.
How it works:
- Vinegar is mixed with potassium permanganate at the tip of a knife until a mixture of rich pomegranate color is formed. After that, 10-15 drops of hydrogen peroxide solution are injected.
- The components are mixed with a brush or stick until a homogeneous composition is obtained. Then the solution is liberally applied to the paper with traces of ink. No need to worry if it hit the blank areas of the sheet.
- The bright shade of the solution and traces of ink are removed with a cotton swab dipped in a 3- or 6% peroxide solution.
- While a sheet of paper is wet, it is placed between two towels and, turning on the iron at medium power, iron the surface until completely dry.
Medical alcohol and glycerin
If you have alcohol and glycerine at home, they will help remove ink from paper without leaving a trace.
How to do it:
- This method is suitable for erasing pen ink from paper without visible marks. You only need to stock up on two components:medical alcohol and glycerin.
- Both elements are mixed in equal proportions and slightly heated to make the composition more liquid and homogeneous. Glycerin leaves greasy stains on paper, so you need to be especially careful with the application of the composition.
- A toothpick is moistened in a solution and traces of ink are traced strictly along the contour, which must be removed. In order not to spoil the original, it is recommended to practice on a draft beforehand.
Soda and alcohol
Another way to wipe ink off paper without leaving marks is to use a combination of alcohol and baking soda.
It is necessary to perform the following actions:
- To do this, mix a teaspoon of soda, 90 ml of water and 180 ml of medical alcohol. The solution is thoroughly mixed until the soda is completely dissolved.
- After that, the unnecessary inscription is treated with a cotton swab dipped in the composition.
- Excess solution is gently soaked with a dry cloth and left to dry completely.
Soda, s alt and citric acid
Probably, every housewife will have soda and s alt in the bins. You can use these components.
Instructions on how to remove ink from paper without traces:
- For ease of use, you need to take fine non-iodized s alt. Cooking is also suitable, but it melts longer, so it is rather difficult to apply it. Soda is mixed with s alt in equal proportions and scattered on a flat horizontal surface.
- After that they take a sheet of paper from whichit is necessary to remove the inscription, and place it on top of the spilled product so that the ink comes into contact with a mixture of s alt and soda. As a result, there will be no wet spots on the paper.
- Now let's look at the actions with the "lemon". You need to pick up a small piece of plastic and make a hole in it the same size as the stain or ink that needs to be removed. It is necessary as an obstacle to the spreading of the composition, which will be used later.
- A teaspoon of citric acid is dissolved in 80 ml of boiled water. After preparing the solution, it is drawn into a pipette or syringe and dripped into the hole attached to the inscription on the reverse side, the ink side remains pressed against the mixture of s alt and soda. The liquid, falling on the paper, seeps through and is absorbed by the dry mixture from the reverse side. As a result, the inscription is washed off without traces.
Acetone is a type of aqueous solvent, it is often used to remove various kinds of contaminants. In this case, you will need not an industrial product, but a nail polish remover containing acetone.
How to get the ink out:
- To erase an unnecessary inscription, you need to drop a little composition on it or choose another convenient way to distribute acetone on a paper surface. To begin with, it is recommended to try this method on a draft sheet, so it will be possible to correctly calculate the amount of liquid needed and distribute it over the sheet without excess. If the inscription is small,it is better to use a toothpick, pipette or cotton swab.
- After the ink has dissolved, their residue is removed from the paper by blotting with a napkin or dry cloth.
- In rare cases, there is a need to completely remove the ink from the paper surface. To do this, acetone is poured into a flat container and the inscribed sheet is lowered. Withstand for some time and remove to dry, hanging on a rope.
Vinegar with dishwashing detergent
In order to remove ink from paper without traces in this way, you will need table vinegar and a detergent gel. If there is only essence at home, it is diluted with water in a ratio of 1:10 and carefully applied along the lines on paper that you need to get rid of. After 10 minutes, the ink will begin to dissolve and come off the paper easily.
After that, a little detergent is applied to a cotton swab and the place where the vinegar solution is applied is wiped. It is very important to be careful when using these components so as not to destroy the structure of the paper fibers.
Household chemicals or acids
You can remove the inscription from the paper surface using household chemicals. One such remedy is bleach.
How to do it:
- The composition is applied to the ink with a cotton swab dipped in it. The reaction will not begin before 20 minutes.
- After the inscription begins to disappear, the paper is blotted with a cotton swab dipped in water.
- Then covered with a towel and ironed to fulldrying.
It is worth noting that this method is shown only for cleaning snow-white paper.
Acids are an excellent ink solvent. If you have oxalic and citric acid on hand, you can try to remove the inscription using them. To do this, follow these steps:
- In a small container, mix both components in equal proportions (approximately half a teaspoon of each) and add 100 ml of water. The solution is thoroughly stirred until the acids are completely dissolved.
- Composition quickly and effectively corrodes traces of a ballpoint pen. With a clean thin brush, apply the product to the inscription to be removed.
- After dissolving the ink with a damp cotton pad, remove the remaining acid solution and leave the paper to dry.
Milk or soda with toothpaste
Another way to remove ink from paper is, oddly enough, milk or curdled milk.
The paper surface is treated with a cotton swab dipped in a dairy product. If necessary, after drying, the procedure can be repeated. The effect appears only after the paper is completely dry.
Another handy tool that can be used to remove the inscription is toothpaste. However, it is only suitable for cleaning thick paper.
- For best results, the paste is mixed with baking soda and applied to an old toothbrush. Then carefully spread over the ink to be removed.
- If possible, the use of colorless formulations is recommended so as not to spoil the paper. Then, using a dry cotton pad, remove the remnants of the dried product.
Hairspray or shaving foam
You can remove ink from paper using such an unusual tool as cosmetic hairspray. Before proceeding, it is worth considering that after application the paper becomes discolored and greasy spots may remain on it. Therefore, it is advisable to try this method on another sheet. The varnish itself is sprayed or moistened with a cotton swab, and then applied to the ink.
In addition to all the above methods, you can use the usual white shaving foam. With its help, you can remove the inscription from paper without a trace. Other similar products, such as gels and facial cleansers, will not work here, as they contain many additional components.
Medical plaster or blade
Removing ink from paper will help a regular fabric patch or mounting tape, which most people have available.
How to remove the inscription:
- For this, a piece is cut out in shape and size corresponding to the inscription.
- The following steps are done with extreme care. The patch is pressed against the paper and then carefully removed. Together with the adhesive tape, the top layer of paper is removed, so it is important that the cut out element fully matches the fragment to be removed.
- You can go the other way and press the sticky partexclusively to the ink, without touching the paper. This process is quite laborious, but allows you to achieve the desired results.
The following mechanical method is performed using a razor blade. It has been known for a very long time and is still relevant today. To implement it, you will need a new, sharp blade.
Be careful and do everything according to the instructions:
- The blade is taken in hand and the inscription is gently scraped off with a corner of the ink. After the procedure, subtle roughness will remain on the surface.
- You can get rid of them if you press the blade firmly against the paper with the flat side and draw it along the sheet in one direction. As a result, there will be no trace of damaged fibers. If you hurry, the negative consequences will be impossible to correct.
- Finally, the stripping area is smoothed with a fingernail for a while so that the fibers are completely smoothed and the surface becomes homogeneous.
These are the ways to get rid of ink or unnecessary inscriptions. Finally, I would like to note that in such a case the main thing is not to rush. If you are not sure about your actions or the result, then try the method on a draft sheet.