Women who dream of having a baby want to know about the onset of pregnancy even before the delay in menstruation. Therefore, expectant mothers can already notice the first signs of pregnancy a week after conception.
Women's doctors believe that the first week of pregnancy counts from the first day of your cycle. It is this calculation that helps doctors most accurately determine the date of birth. We will not talk about the first obstetric week of pregnancy, but about seven days after the intended conception.
The article will discuss the signs of pregnancy a week after the act, how to properly use a pregnancy test and when to make an appointment with a doctor.
Feelings of a woman
In the first days after conception, a woman still does not notice changes in her body. The egg matures inside the uterus and beginsestrogen is produced, which contributes to the appearance of the first signs of pregnancy.
Usually, signs of pregnancy appear only in the third week after fertilization. But if a woman is interested in: “Are there any signs of pregnancy a week after conception?”, Then she can unequivocally answer that there can be no pronounced symptoms in the first days after intercourse.
At about 2.5 weeks, a woman may observe the following changes.
- No period. Conception occurs on the day of ovulation. Usually this day happens in the middle of the cycle, which means that critical days begin 2.5 weeks after ovulation. Already in the second week of pregnancy, a woman can determine that it is possible that she will soon become a mother.
- Mood change. A woman can become whiny and irritable. Anger is quickly replaced by joy and vice versa.
- Change in taste preferences.
- Drowsy. The expectant mother gets tired quickly and she constantly wants to sleep.
- The woman begins to slightly sip the lower abdomen.
- Breast swelling and nausea. Usually these symptoms do not become apparent until 6 weeks, but some women may notice breast enlargement as early as the second week of pregnancy.
Signs of pregnancy a week after PA (sexual intercourse) are not so obvious, but if a woman feels that she is in a position, then she should behave extremely carefully and take good care of her body.
The first week is one of the most important for the entire period of pregnancy: in these 7 days the embryo is fixed. It is in thisa week it is decided whether the fetus will take root in the woman's body or not.
Discharge as a sign of pregnancy a week after conception
One of the most obvious symptoms that a woman can observe in herself 7 days after the day of the alleged conception is spotting. The expectant mother may take this symptom for the beginning of critical days and not attach much importance to such highlights.
Bleeding in this case is not something dangerous for the fetus and is not considered a pathology. Blood means only that the uterus has been cleansed and ready for the fixation of the egg.
Please note that discharge with blood at 6 and subsequent weeks of pregnancy is considered a pathology. In this case, it is necessary to consult a doctor to prevent the threat of miscarriage.
From the sixth week until the end of the term, white and transparent discharge is considered the norm, but not bloody.
Basal temperature as a sign of pregnancy
An increase in basal temperature may indicate pregnancy. It is necessary to measure it with a thermometer in the vagina, rectal opening or in the mouth. Doctors believe that the most accurate results of changes in basal temperature can be obtained by inserting a thermometer into the rectal opening.
Women who are looking forward to pregnancy begin to measure their basal temperature already on the first day after conception. This should not be done, since a change in this indicator can be recorded only on the 8th day after the intended conception.
Are there signspregnancy one week after conception? Yes, when it comes to basal temperature.
If you took your temperature and the thermometer showed above 37, then you can hope that the pregnancy has come. Take your basal body temperature daily as soon as you wake up in the morning. When you notice that the temperature is getting higher every day, conclude that you are pregnant.
To confirm your guesses, it is recommended to take a pregnancy test. They will be discussed further.
To detect pregnancy before a delay, a sensitive pregnancy test must be selected. See that the package says 10 or 15 mIU / ml - this means the concentration of hCG (human chorionic gonadotropin) in the urine. Tests with values of 20 and above are not sensitive, they can determine the onset of pregnancy only after a delay.
Pregnancy tests differ not only in their sensitivity, but also in their appearance and the way the result is obtained.
Types of pregnancy tests
They exist as follows.
Test strip. The cheapest and easiest tests. They look like a strip, packed in a plastic bag that does not let light through. This pregnancy test must be immersed in pre-collected urine
Inkjet test. These pregnancy tests do not need to be immersed in urine. It is enough to substitute them under the stream of urine during the morning toilet
Cassette test. To get the result, you need to drip a few drops of urine on it
Electronic test. Equipped with a screen that displays the result. These tests are sensitive and expensive. An electronic test can show the approximate gestational age. If negative, this test will tell you the best days to conceive next month
How to do a pregnancy test
Expensive and sensitive pregnancy test can also show the wrong result. This can happen due to the fact that the woman used it incorrectly. Below are the main points in taking a pregnancy test.
- Open the package of the pregnancy test. Inside should be instructions, a test and a bag of gel. The latter should be discarded - the gel is not needed for the test, it is needed to absorb moisture. Leave the test and instructions.
- Read the instructions. Some pregnancy tests may have their own nuances.
- Collect the urine in a dry and clean jar. If you have a jet test, then substitute the absorbent part under the urine stream for 5 seconds. If you have a test strip, then place it up to the indicated mark for 10 seconds in the collected urine. If you have a cassette test, then put some urine on the diagnostic area. Urine for analysis must be taken in the morning. This is very important in early pregnancy.
- Place the pregnancy test on a dry and flat surface for 6minutes. Please note that this time may vary depending on the test. You will find more precise information in the instructions.
- Compare the test result with what is written in the instructions. Even a barely noticeable second line can indicate pregnancy.
Don't be upset if you get a negative result. Perhaps your pregnancy is still very short. Repeat the procedure in a couple of days and, most likely, the result will please you.
When should I go to the doctor?
You received a positive pregnancy test result. Now the question arose about registering with a gynecologist.
A female doctor is able to diagnose pregnancy from the 5th week. You can safely go to the doctor if you are sure that you are in a position. Before this period, you should not go to the gynecologist, since pregnancy can only be determined at a period of 2 or 3 weeks if the doctor does an ultrasound examination of the appendages.
When should I register with a gynecologist?
Delaying the visit to the doctor is also not recommended. You should register with a gynecologist before 12 weeks of pregnancy. Timely registration will identify all possible complications (if any), prevent them and give birth to a he althy baby. It is at 12 weeks that the first ultrasound examination of the fetus is performed.
Almost every woman wants to become a mother. Many of the fair sex already 5 days after conception buy pregnancy tests, startmeasure basal temperature and look for symptoms of pregnancy.
At this point, it's best to calm down and wait a couple more weeks to start doing all these procedures. Save your nerves, money and effort.
If your pregnancy tests are positive and you're experiencing some of the symptoms of pregnancy, don't put off going to the doctor. Remember, you need to see a gynecologist before 12 weeks.