Children at risk - this is how we talk about guys who find it difficult not only to study, but also to communicate in general. Such children refuse to adhere to generally accepted norms of behavior, behave with feigned independence and openly demonstrate their unwillingness to learn.
Authority in the children's team, children at social risk earn threats or the use of brute physical force, so they themselves often play the role of outcasts. Being rejected in the school community, such children find like-minded people on the side, which sooner or later leads the child to the path of delinquency.
How to properly build work with children at risk, if there are any in your class? How to neutralize their negative impact on the team and include them in the educational space of the class, school, society? An individual plan for working with children at risk, which will be discussed below, will help you with this.
Causes of children's "difficulties"
Among the most common causes ofscientists call children's asociality:
- alcoholism of one or both parents, alcohol poisoning in utero;
- psychophysical factors (unwanted pregnancy, etc.);
- complicated childbirth, birth trauma;
- crisis situations, stress (both mother and child).
Thus, it becomes clear that a difficult child is a hostage of bad heredity or environment. He is a victim and needs help.
Features of the behavior of children at risk
Difficult children have one or more problems at once: these are difficulties in mastering educational material, in relationships with peers and teachers, misunderstanding and conflicts with parents, exposure to addictions and even addiction, problems with the law.
The manifestation of a violation of the socialization of such children can be an aggressive state, outbursts of anger, isolation, tearfulness, rudeness, missing lessons without a good reason, etc.
Children at risk at school are certainly a problem for the entire teaching staff. Such children serve as a negative example for other students and interfere with the assimilation of educational material.
How to work with children at risk?
- Step 1. Finding out which of the guys belongs to the "risk group", for what reason. This item is performed in absentia when analyzing the personal data of the parents and the child's medical record.
- Step 2. Find out the living conditions of each child. To this end, each class teacher conducts roundsfamilies. An individual plan for working with children at risk will be drawn up taking into account the data obtained during such rounds.
- Step 3. Collaboration with the school psychologist. Discussion of problematic situations that have already arisen during the training period. The psychologist must take the necessary actions with a difficult child (testing, interviewing, questioning). After a deeper study of the personality, the psychologist develops recommendations for working with this child (for the class teacher, for parents, for teachers of additional education).
- Step 4. Drawing up a student card (indicating individual characteristics, difficulties). Maps are drawn up for each student in the class. Cards of children at risk are marked with a colored sticker for ease of use.
- Step 5. Determination of the form of work with such students. It can be joint forms of work and individual. Theoretical conversations should be evenly combined with practical exercises, excursions, work activities.
Drafting a work plan
An individual plan for working with children at risk is drawn up taking into account all the data collected at the previous stage. Taking into account the psychological characteristics of the child, his family and domestic and intra-collective relationships, it is necessary to design a personality model that we strive to approach.
Teachers, having analyzed the child's individual map, should try to saturate his meager life with emotions andexperiences. Conversations about beauty in an empty place will not have the desired effect - you need to start with a trip to the theater, to nature. Responsibility is good to begin with assuming the responsibility of caring for someone, be it a younger brother or a pet.
If necessary, it is possible to include conversations with parents or legal representatives of the child in the work plan. It's good if your parents are your allies, it's worse if they are hostile. In any development of events, the teacher is obliged to act within the law and adhere to the norms of morality.
Individual work plan
With children at risk, it is important to properly organize leisure activities, which will not only allow you to find interesting activities for children after school hours, but also expand the horizons of the child, increase his self-esteem, and help in the process of socialization and self-determination.
An individual work plan concerns not only the teacher himself, it also allows you to plan the interaction of various specialists. Psychologist, social educator, music director, teacher of additional education, librarian, coach - in such hands the child cannot remain the same. He will definitely take the path of correction if at least half of the efforts made reach the addressee.