The he alth of a woman is the key to a good condition of the baby. It is recommended to pass this analysis in cases where the general analysis did not give information about hidden diseases. It helps to determine the presence in the body of a disease that does not manifest itself in any way (that is, it is asymptomatic).
Tests for pregnant women
Pregnancy is the most wonderful time in a woman's life. Expecting a he althy baby will not overshadow even the presence of a large number of necessary tests. They must be handed over everything and at the right time to monitor the condition of the mother and child. These include:
- blood to determine the Rh factor (Rh factor can be determined by the surface of red blood cells, 85% of people have it, and they have a positive Rh factor, 15% of the population does not have it, that is, the Rh factor is negative);
- testing for the amount of hemoglobin (it is carried with oxygen throughout the body, if the content of such in the blood is low, then you need to take special drugs and eat according to the diet);
- urinalysis forsterility (in another way it is called bakposev, it shows the presence of infections in the body, including hidden ones that do not manifest themselves in any way);
- AIDS blood test (do not worry if the doctor referred you for such a test, this does not indicate suspicion, but the requirement of all he alth institutions);
- blood for syphilis (same as in the previous case, this analysis is a mandatory requirement for all he althcare institutions, regardless of whether you are observed in a paid clinic or in a public institution);
- a swab for infection (this test can be omitted if your vaginal discharge is clear, like mucus, if it has an unpleasant odor and is secreted profusely, then the analysis is necessary);
- general blood and urine test (to monitor the general he alth of the mother).
It is also important to note that in the presence of different Rh factors in mom and dad (mom - minus, dad - plus), to prevent Rh conflict, it is necessary to take gamma globulin at the 28th week of pregnancy and within three days after birth.
There are a lot of myths about a negative Rh factor in mom:
- baby will be born sick;
- after an abortion there will be difficulties with pregnancy and childbirth;
- this is the cause of infertility and more.
Doctors warn that this is completely absurd and you should not listen to such myths. Remember, thoughts are material, if you think about it, then there is a possibility of their implementation. Mom with a negative Rh factor (if dad has a positive one) has nothing to doworry if you get an injection of gamma globulin in time.
Why take a urine test?
Urine for sterility during pregnancy is an important stage in the examination of a pregnant woman, as necessary as an examination on a gynecological chair. Let's move on to a discussion of the question of why he surrenders.
To monitor the condition of the baby, it is necessary to take all the tests that are scheduled from the first weeks to the end of the ninth month of pregnancy. Mandatory analysis is bacteriological culture of urine. Urine for sterility helps to identify diseases of the urinary system of the mother. In addition, from the result of the analysis it will be clear which drug can be cured.
What the analysis shows:
- presence of pathogen;
- his concentration.
If in the past the expectant mother had no problems with the urinary system, then the analysis is given twice:
- 9-12 weeks;
- 35-36 week.
If there were problems, then the analysis is given much more often. This is necessary, because immunity during pregnancy is significantly reduced, which can provoke an exacerbation of chronic diseases. In this regard, it is worth paying more attention to your he alth:
- dress for the weather;
- avoid crowded places;
- in the cold season, carry out the prevention of infectious diseases (drink tea with honey, lemon, raspberries; wear a sterile mask when going outside, and so on).
In some cases, the doctor may prescribe an additional examination (bakposevurine). These circumstances include:
- pain when urinating;
- aching pain in the lower abdomen;
- dull lower back pain and so on.
If there is an infection, the doctor prescribes special drugs that do not harm the development of the child. Additionally, bacteriological culture is carried out 15 days after the completion of the course of treatment, it helps to find out the effectiveness of the therapy.
Preparing for delivery
When taking the test, you must do everything possible to ensure that the result is accurate. To do this, you must follow the recommendations for preparing for the analysis and collection of material. How to donate urine for sterility, your doctor, who monitors the course of pregnancy, can tell you in detail. Also, the laboratory assistant who conducts the study can give valuable recommendations, for this you need to contact the laboratory located at your medical institution.
Preparation is carried out as follows:
- complete abstinence from alcohol;
- exclusion from the diet of spicy and fried foods;
- protect yourself from physical activity;
- avoid eating beets and carrots, as they can give urine a specific color;
- drink about one and a half liters of clean water the day before (tea, soup, juices, etc. do not count);
- do not take any drugs.
These recommendations will contribute to a more accurate analysis result. In addition, you need to follow some other rules thatwill be listed in the next section of the article.
How to collect urine for sterility? Adhere to the following rules for the accuracy of the analysis:
- collecting material is a must in the morning after waking up;
- the container should be purchased at the pharmacy (it is completely sterile, pay attention to the integrity of the package, if it is broken, then ask for another jar);
- wash your hands;
- wash your vulva thoroughly (do not use antibacterial soap);
- be sure to insert a tampon into the vagina (this will help prevent bacteria from entering the genital tract);
- labia should not touch the sterile container (spread them apart);
- flush the first and last stream of urine down the toilet;
- tighten the lid;
- take it to the lab.
These recommendations will help to properly collect urine for bakposev, which will have a good effect on the result of the analysis.
How much urine should I give?
Urine sterility test should be done in the morning. Be sure to follow all recommendations when collecting material. A mandatory item is washing with non-bacterial soap and inserting a tampon into the vagina. This will help to avoid introducing unnecessary bacteria that can confuse the laboratory technician.
As mentioned earlier, you need to collect the average portion of urine (the first and last jet is released into the toilet). As a result of the collection of material in a jar, there should be at least fifteenmilliliters.
It is also important that the material must be immediately sent to the laboratory. No more than two hours should elapse between collection and delivery. It is very important! In some cases, storage of the material in the refrigerator is allowed. However, urine must be delivered no later than six hours after collection.
What does a urine test show for sterility? It is important to know that the urinary tract is completely sterile. Therefore, if hygiene is observed, then infections will not be found in the urine. There may be a small amount of non-pathogenic microflora in the analysis, which is quite clear, because it can come from the vagina or urethra.
Absolutely not to worry if urine is found:
- E. coli;
It's not about presence, but about quantity and form. Do not worry in advance. It will be clear from the results of the bakposeva:
- is there a pathogen;
- if any, which one;
- how to treat.
In addition, when prescribing therapy, a general blood and urine test is taken into account. Now briefly about how the analysis is carried out:
- place the collected material in a nutrient medium;
- sent to an incubator for one day;
- the resulting colonies are sown in Petri dishes;
- leave for a day;
- divide by type;
- reproduce another day;
- only after all these steps, bacteria are tested for vulnerability.
BAs a result of the analysis, the CFU indicator is written out, which we will discuss in the next section.
So, what does urine show for sterility? The presence of colony forming units per milliliter of material. It has already been said earlier that the material is specially placed in conditions that are as “comfortable” as possible for bacteria. They begin to divide rapidly, forming colonies. In the results of the analysis, you can see the CFU / ml. A CFU is a single organism that has formed a colony in a nutrient medium. If the value is more than 10 thousand, then this indicates the presence of an infection. Upon detection of such a result, the laboratory assistant begins to conduct a vulnerability test, selecting the necessary drugs to eliminate the infection.
Norm for he althy men and women
Urine for sterility is given not only during pregnancy, this analysis can be prescribed for men and young children. It is important to know that the presence of a small number of bacteria is quite normal, they can be found even in a completely he althy person. As a result, the following indicators are indicated:
- color (light yellow and transparent);
- concentration (up to 1025 grams per milliliter);
- protein (up to 0.03 mol per liter);
- erythrocytes (up to 1);
- CFU (up to 10 thousand per milliliter);
- no slime;
- no crystals;
- no glucose;
- white blood cells (men - up to three, women - up to six).
A small clarification to the content of CFU: if less than 1 thousand are found in the material, then the person is he althy, from 1 to 10 thousand is requiredretakes, more than 10 thousand - a clear indication of the presence of infection.
Normal during pregnancy
Analysis of urine for sterility in pregnant women is taken at the 36th week. Even if there are excellent results of general urine and blood tests, bakposev is necessary, because it shows the presence of latent infections. Pregnant women must undergo it, because the body is now more susceptible to attacks by various microorganisms.
Good cultures during pregnancy:
- color from light to deep yellow;
- urine clear;
- glucose, ketone bodies and cylinders are missing;
- density up to 1030 g/l;
- protein – 0.07 g/l;
- white blood cells - up to five.
Why should a child be tested
Urine culture for sterility is a necessary analysis that will help identify many he alth problems in a child. With the help of the results of this analysis, it becomes clear what hidden diseases the baby has:
- infectious inflammation;
- diabetes mellitus;
- cystitis and so on.
Don't ignore the doctor's request for a test, it will help prevent more serious he alth problems for your child.
Features of material collection
How to donate urine for sterility to a child? Although this analysis is very important, collecting material is not always easy. There issome features of urine collection in children, they will be presented below:
- collect material in the morning;
- be sure to wash your child before collection;
- if the child is an adult, then you can get by with the usual sterile jar, which is purchased in pharmacies (pay attention to the integrity of the package);
- for babies, pharmacies sell special urinals (be sure to check the integrity of the packaging, as well as jars, they must be sterile);
- boys are glued to the genitals and put on a diaper, for girls, the front side is on the pubis, the back is to the anus (the girl must be worn before urinating on her hands);
- then from the urinal, the material is poured into a sterile jar and taken to the laboratory.
Norm in children
Urine test for sterility should at best give the following results:
- density - up to 1025 g/l;
- at least 1 cylinder;
- white blood cells - up to 6;
- epithelium - up to two;
- pH - up to 8;
- no protein;
- no slime;
- mushrooms missing;
- no s alt.
Please also note that urine should be clear and straw yellow in color.