During the period of bearing a baby, a woman can often experience an exacerbation of her chronic diseases. This is facilitated by the changing hormonal background and weakened immunity. Problems with the gastrointestinal tract are not so rare among pregnant women. However, what drugs are acceptable for relieving exacerbation and unpleasant symptoms during childbearing? In particular, is it possible to drink "De-Nol" during pregnancy? After all, this drug well protects the gastric mucosa. Let's figure it out together.
Prescribing the drug
"De-Nol" is an antiulcer drug. It has a bactericidal effect. The bacteria Helicobacter pylori are susceptible to its influence, which are known for being able to cause suchdiseases like gastritis, gastroduodenitis and peptic ulcer.
The drug performs a protective function for the mucous membrane of the stomach and duodenum. This prevents bacteria from damaging stomach tissue and forming ulcers. However, the appointment of "De-Nol" during pregnancy has its limitations.
Composition of "De-Nol"
The preparation contains bismuth tripotassium dicitrate. One tablet contains 120 mg of this active ingredient. In addition to it, the medicine contains the following excipients:
- ammonium and potassium citrates;
- Povidone K30;
- polacryline potassium;
- magnesium stearate;
- macrogol 6000;
- hydroxypropyl methylcellulose.
"De-Nol" during pregnancy can be replaced with other, more gentle herbal preparations that protect the mucous membrane and its affected areas, preventing gastric acid from further harming the mucous membrane.
The drug is available in tablets. Externally, they have the following characteristics: round, biconvex, white or cream, mostly odorless, on one side there is the inscription gbr 152, on the other - a square with broken sides and rounded corners.
Sold "De-Nol" in cardboard packaging. Inside there are 7 or 14 blisters containing 8 tablets each. Each package also contains instructions for use. However, no matter what is written in it, is it possible during pregnancy "De-Nol" orNo, only your doctor determines. Self-medication in this case is prohibited.
Features of the reception "De-Nol"
During pregnancy, "De-Nol" has special instructions for taking, which are determined by the doctor who prescribes this drug for you. However, besides this, there are a number of other features related to this drug. For example, you should not take the drug for more than two months without a break. You also need to strictly adhere to the prescribed dosages. Their increase or decrease can have negative consequences for the body.
Since this medication contains bismuth, then at the time of taking "De-Nol" you should stop taking other drugs that also include this component. After you drink a course of this drug, it is recommended to take a blood test. This is necessary in order to determine the concentration of the active substance and prevent intoxication.
During the reception of "De-Nol" it is possible to change the color of the feces to a darker one, up to black. This is due to the formation of bismuth sulfide. You may also see darkening of the tongue, but this is usually not as pronounced as darkening of the stool.
Method of administration and dosage
How to take the drug, your doctor will prescribe for you, taking into account the severity of your condition. Usually, the following dosages are indicated in the instructions for use.
- Adults and children over 12 years old - 1 tablet 4 times a day half an hour before meals and at night or 2 tablets 2 times a day forhalf an hour before meals.
- Children from 8 to 12 years old - 1 tablet 2 times a day half an hour before meals.
- Children from 4 to 8 years old - 8 mg of the drug per 1 kg of body weight per day. The daily dosage is divided into 2 times and given half an hour before meals.
Swallow the tablets with a little water. The duration of the course of treatment is also determined by the specialist. But usually it is no more than 1-2 months. After that, a break must be taken.
As for taking "De-Nol" during pregnancy, here only the doctor determines the dosage and method of application.
The drug is also recommended to be taken in combination with antibacterial drugs that inhibit the vital activity of Helicobacter pylori bacteria.
Very often, antimicrobials are prescribed together with De-Nol. Among them:
After the appointment, the drugs are taken from a week to 10 days. During this time, bacteria are eliminated from the body. Further, as a maintenance therapy and to prevent relapse, only "De-Nol" is continued. This usually lasts up to one, maximum two months.
After the course of treatment is over, a break is made for at least 2 months. During this period, you can not take drugs that contain bismuth in their composition. Otherwise, toxicity may occur.organism.
It is not recommended to take the tablets with milk or fruit juice. Only clean water (a small amount) is suitable for this.
As for the use of alcohol while taking the drug, there is no data on their interaction. But if you think logically, then what kind of alcohol can be in the treatment of peptic ulcers of the gastrointestinal tract?
"De-Nol" during pregnancy, as we have said, is contraindicated. And this is not to mention complex therapy together with antimicrobial drugs, or even more so with antibiotics. Many analogues of the drug are also not allowed for use by pregnant and lactating women. Therefore, you should contact a specialist to select an alternative solution in this case.
Advantages and disadvantages of the drug
Like any drug, De-Nol has pros and cons. The benefits of the medication are:
- lack of resistance;
- has a strong antimicrobial effect;
- has a wide spectrum of action;
- fast acting drug;
- improved drug with fewer side effects when used;
- availability of the drug, sold in all pharmacies.
Among the disadvantages are:
- high enough price;
- prescription only;
- De-Nol is contraindicated during pregnancy, as it has a negative effect on the fetus.
Indications for use
"De-Nol" is assigned to those patients whose disorders in the gastrointestinal tract are caused by the pathological effect of the bacterium Helicobacter pylori. These diseases include:
- chronic erosive gastritis in the acute stage;
- gastric and intestinal ulcer;
- gastroduodenitis in the acute stage;
- irritable bowel syndrome accompanied by diarrhea.
If you have one of the above symptoms, and you are wondering if you can drink "De-Nol" during pregnancy, then the answer to this question, unfortunately, will be "no". To combat such conditions, a pregnant woman will have to resort to other, less aggressive means.
Who should not take De-Nol?
As we have already mentioned, the drug is contraindicated in women in position. "De-Nol" during pregnancy in the early and late stages is able to penetrate the placental barrier, and, therefore, harm the he alth of the fetus.
In addition, in the instructions for use we find the following contraindications:
- increased sensitivity of the body to bismuth;
- disturbances in the work of the kidneys;
- liver disorders;
- pregnancy period;
- Children under 4 years old.
Effect on fetus
"De-Nol" is not prescribed for pregnant women, because it is able to penetrate into the blood and tissues. currentthe substance of the drug is quite aggressive and easily penetrates the nervous system of the child. The drug causes mutations in the central nervous system of the fetus, in particular, disrupts the development of the neural tube.
Since the neural tube is one of the very first formations that are laid in the embryo, taking De-Nol during early pregnancy is strictly prohibited. Under the negative influence of the drug, the fetal nervous system will initially develop defectively. And this entails all sorts of malformations at the genetic level.
If you were prescribed the drug during lactation, then you must stop breastfeeding for the duration of treatment.
Price and analogues
The price category of "De-Nola" is quite high - from 510 rubles to 1060 rubles. For various reasons, people resort to the use of analogues. The drug itself does not suit someone, the price does not suit someone. Here are a number of preparations similar in composition:
- "Novosimbol" is completely similar to "De-Nol", only it is a Russian-made drug, unlike "De-Nol", which is produced in the Netherlands. This drug can be used prophylactically, as well as in conjunction with antibiotics. However, it also cannot be taken for longer than 2 months and given to children under 4 years of age. Price: from 270 rubles to 750 rubles.
- "Pariet" is a Belgian drug that has an antisecretory effect. Its active ingredient is rabeprazole sodium. Applied inmainly in gastrointestinal ulcers. It is convenient in that it is enough to take it once a day. However, it is not suitable for the treatment of children under 12 years of age, causes a large number of side effects and is prohibited for pregnant and breastfeeding women. Price: from 825 rubles to 4000 rubles.
- "Venter" - the drug is produced in Slovenia. The active ingredient is sucralfate. When taking this drug, side effects are extremely rare. But the drug should be taken only after meals, and it is not approved for the treatment of children under 4 years of age. Price: from 235 rubles to 295 rubles.
- "Omez D" - Indian drug, available in capsules. The active substance is dopiridone and omeprazole in equal amounts. It is intended mainly for the treatment of gastrointestinal disorders and gastroesophageal reflux. It is enough to take 2 times a day. It is suitable for the treatment of peptic ulcer and facilitates the process of defecation. However, "Omez D" can disrupt the hormonal background and is not used to treat children. Price: from 80 rubles to 330 rubles.
- "Nolpaza" is also a drug from Slovenia. Reduces the secretion of the gastric glands, thereby affecting the healing process. Suitable for the prevention of diseases of the gastrointestinal tract. The use of this drug should be supervised by a doctor, especially with long-term use. It can cause numerous adverse reactions and is prohibited for use in children under 18 years of age. Price: from 135 rubles to 670 rubles.
- "Omeprazole" is the most affordable analogue of "De-Nol", Russian production. The active substance of the tablets is omeprazole. It can betake with meals. After completion of the drug, the secretory function is quickly restored. But it should not be taken by pregnant, lactating and children. Price: from 30 rubles to 70 rubles.